anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

have you tried adding this (the charset)

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>

i've just tested it and it works fine with Swedish characters

image.png

Hi Niall!

I just performed an In Place Upgrade with success. When the task sequence succesfully ended and the computer reported version 10.0.16299 (as the target build number specified), the wrapper sent exit code 99 to Config Mgr because of the target build check. However, this is wrongfully shown as an error in the task sequence deployment in Config Mgr. Is this per design? Or am I missing anything? 

Regards, Christian

hi Christian, it should send error code 0, but what this probably means is you've run the wrapper again after having succeeded and haven't fallen out of the collection yet (which you should do when on the right build)

you could add a step at the end of the task sequence to delete the computer from the collection, or update the collection membership rules/update frequency to exclude the desired build, that way you'll get the right exit code reported.

Hi Niall!

I think the wrapper launched by itself very quickly after the upgrade (I thought this was only occuring at the scheduled time once a day?), so it reported code 99 before the computer had falled out of the collection. I have excluded the collection with the desired build with a frequency of every hour. So I'm not sure why the wrapper auto-launched so quick after the upgrade?

//Christian

zip up and attach the logs in C:\ProgramData and i'll take a look at why it launched again,

did you use the same frequency in the deployment as i recommend (once a day @ 11am ?) ?

so then it's doing what it should, exiting with code 99 as it sees that you are already at the desired build, if it exited with exit code 0 in this case then the task sequence would run again and you don't want that,

so in an ideal scenario, if the build is less than what it should be, it will exit code 0, and then run the task sequence, and drop from the collection before running the wrapper again the next day, you ran it manually and it correctly exited with exit code 99 as the build was already sufficient, if you look at the previous deployment history it would have been exit code 0

the reason it exit's with code 99 is because this program (the wrapper) is chained to the task sequence and must always run before the task sequence, therefore if you don't want the task sequence to run unnecessarily it exits with exit code 99