anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 5

15 hours ago, Suganya said:

Hi, I have SCCM in one server and connect db in other server.. Whiling triggering sccm install script.. I am getting this error

image.png.a02477f564ceef8cc12f02e211738aab.png

hi then you are not following this guide.

The error message above clearly tells you what to do to solve the problem. Add the site server's machine account  to the local administrators group on the SQL server computer.

14 hours ago, Suganya said:

I have good size in disk.. Any idea on below error please

image.png.f9f6259f32153d8d94b807f61224d25e.png

check the ConfigMgrPrereq.log file in the root of C:\ it will explain what your issue is.

Thanks for your response ... I just followed.. let me check service account or OU script one more time.. is that script will help right? or any other place have to check for the administrator related.. please guide

I can't guide you as you are not following my guides...

No, I am simply following and modifying specific to need.. let me double check the flow if any I missed. Always thanks for your prompt response and help..

I am using two server for sccm and db separately.. that's the reason I might be missing some of the components.. I am checking it .. Always need your guidance please.. I am checking the ConfigMgrPrereq log file here the sql server  computer pointing to the same server of sccm.. I want to change it to different server whre DB is running.. Please help  

Quick question if we are already running Windows Updates for Business via GPO's do we need to install the WSUS? I see that it only throws a warning but unsure if it will mess up anything else if we don't install the WSUS role. 

Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) is needed for software updates synchronization and for the software updates applicability scan on clients. The WSUS server must be installed before you create the software update point role. The following versions of WSUS are supported for a software update point:

source > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/plan-design/prerequisites-for-software-updates

• Like 1

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible in the config ini to only install the english language pack when installing sccm and skip the other languages?

Thanks

So I'm follow your instructions verbatim, but when running the ConfigMgrSetup, it bombs out. This is in the log:

INFO: Verifying hash for file 'C:\Source\SCCMPrereqs\msrdcoob_amd64.exe'  $$<Configuration Manager Setup><11-15-2019 11:09:15.943+300><thread=4688 (0x1250)>
WARNING: File hash mismatch for C:\Source\SCCMPrereqs\msrdcoob_amd64.exe  $$<Configuration Manager Setup><11-15-2019 11:09:16.075+300><thread=4688 (0x1250)>
INFO: Downloaded file 'C:\Source\SCCMPrereqs\msrdcoob_amd64.exe' is not valid  $$<Configuration Manager Setup><11-15-2019 11:09:16.095+300><thread=4688 (0x1250)>
ERROR: Failed to download required file  $$<Configuration Manager Setup><11-15-2019 11:09:16.116+300><thread=4688 (0x1250)>

Is there a way to get around it?

it looks like it's failing on the SCCM pre req files, i'm guessing the files it's downloaded are 0 bytes in size, can you check ?

as it is the pre-reqs that are failing, can you delete them, and run the script again to download the pre-reqs, here it is..

<#
# Download SCCM prerequisite files, 2019/4/23 Niall Brady, https://www.windows-noob.com
#
# This script:            Downloads SCCM prerequisite files
# Before running:         Extract the SCCM Current Branch baseline version ISO to the $SCCMPath folder, eg: C:\Source\SCCM1902. Edit the variables as necessary (lines 17-19).
# Usage:                  Run this script on the ConfigMgr Primary Server as a user with local Administrative permissions on the server
#>
  If (-NOT ([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal] [Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole(`
        [Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] “Administrator”))

{
        Write-Warning “You do not have Administrator rights to run this script!`nPlease re-run this script as an Administrator!”
        Break
    }

# below variables are customizable
$SourcePath = "C:\Source"
# where is the media ?
$SCCMPath = "C:\Source\SCCM1902"
$PrerequisitesPath = "$SourcePath" + "\SCCMPrereqs"
# please don't edit below this line
write-host "Starting SCCM prerequisites download script..."
write-host ""

# Check for SCCM source files
write-host "Checking for ConfigMgr media in $SCCMPath..." -nonewline
if (Test-Path "$SCCMPath\SMSSETUP"){
Write-Host "done!" -ForegroundColor Green
 } else {
write-host "Error" -ForegroundColor Red
write-host "Please extract the SCCM media to '$SCCMPath' and then try running this script again..."
break}

write-host "Checking for'$PrerequisitesPath' folder..." -nonewline

# Check for prerequisites download path folder, if not present create it
if (Test-Path "$PrerequisitesPath"){
 #write-host "The folder '$PrerequisitesPath' already exists, therefore this script will not download the prerequisites."

} else {
mkdir "$PrerequisitesPath" | out-null
# start the SCCM prerequisite downloader
write-host "Downloading SCCM version prerequisite files..." -nonewline
$filepath = "$SCCMPath\SMSSETUP\bin\X64\SETUPDL.exe"
# remove /NoUI if you want to see the download progress UI
$Parms = "/NoUI `"$PrerequisitesPath`""
$Prms = $Parms.Split(" ")

Try
{& "$filepath" $Prms | Out-Null}
catch