Smytty

[Question] SCCM not populating "System Managment" folder in AD

Question

Hi there folks.

I have been struggling with this problem for quite a bit of time now. I have my SCCM server up and running and everything is working 100% except that it will not populate anything into the "System Management" folder in AD. I followed the guide from this site when I created the folder through adsiedit (http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/616-how-can-i-create-the-system-management-container-in-active-directory/), did the proper "Delegation of Control" settings that were listed and still end up with an error in SCCM (will post it below). I gave the SCCM server computer account full control to the OU in AD as well as an Child Objects but that did not resolve it either.

When doing my other research I came across someone saying to make sure that the option to publish the site to AD Domain Services is checked off, which it is.

I am just stumped at why SCCM will not create any objects in that folder.

P.S.

Forgot to mention that the Schema is not extended at this time which is why I created the folder manually through adsiedit.

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

Thanks in advance guys. You have all helped me allot with SCCM. Sorry if I rambled a bit, it has been a long day trying to fix this.

Shaun

post-6151-12898578170031_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

i know this may sound simplistic, but recently i've taken to just removing the component and waiting...then adding again.... have you tried this?

i assume you've assigned the correct permissions to the SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT container? as per http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/616-how-can-i-create-the-system-management-container-in-active-directory/

Hey there,

I am actually a little confused on which actual component I am supposed to be removing. When I go under "Site Systems" and highlight the SCCM server I am not sure which to remove. I can't remove the "Component Server".

I am still fairly new to SCCM as this is my first attempt outside of training to get it up and going.

Thanks

Shaun

The reasons why we did not extend the Schema was that we have had some underlying AD and DNS replication issues(from a former employee) that are in the process of being fixed as well as a data center upgrade from 2k3 to 2008 starting as of Xmas.

After doing research I was told that the Schema could be extended at a later point without any problems just we would be without some features in SCCM which is the route that management chose to take.