lcusson

Capture image for Windows 7 64 bits computer

Niall, My rescuer,

We are using the same Deployment TS for a while and this TS was working before; now, some sections of it doesn't work anymore...

In this TS, in the section:

- "Apply Operating System", we use an Unattend.xml file

- "Apply Network Settings", we join the computer to the domain

- "Setup Operating System", we install the SCCM client

- "Install Software", we install KB977384

After deploying on the 2nd computer, we notice that:

- it copied on C:\windows\panther\ the old xml but we are sure that the good xlm is distribute on the DP

- it doesn't join the computer to the domain

- it doesn't install the SCCM client & KB

I will send you the Advertisement report. Do you think that the red arrow is my problem?

Thank's so much,

Lucie

you must take this one step at a time, the red arrow in your screenshot is indeed important, you can verify this by pressing F8 during deployment and checking ipconfig to see that you are getting a valid ip and that you can ping the FQDN of your configmgr server.

if no network card is found then you need to add network drivers for the hardware you are deploying on

has the user you use to join the domain been given the correct rights to join computers to the domain, check c:\windows\debug\netsetup.log for domain join failures., also it's best to post logs etc here in the forum post so others can join in, I get many mails from people asking for help and i don't always have time to respond to them all

When you deploy the .WIM "on computerB" that was created with the capture media’s option (from computer A), is it normal that computer B gets the name of computer A?

We notice that when we change the name from computer A to computer B, we can join it to the domain.

What are you suggestions?

- By using the option "Task Sequence, Create Task Sequence Media, Capture Media, create an ISO", burn this ISO on a CD

- Prepare a reference computer (Win7 french 64 bits, 2-3 Windows updates, install 2 drivers, change 1 parameter for the network card)

- Insert the CD with the ISO, launch TSMBautorun.exe and define the directory & name for the .WIM

Hi

If you capture image from machine -A- then deploy it to machine -B- and machine -B- has already OS the name will not change it will be machine -B-

unless create Computer Association from Computer Association under Operating System Deployment --> Computer Association -->Import Computer Information -->Import Single Computer --> then add machine name and mac address then add it to collection.

or you can use answer file and add it in the TS.

post-2474-0-58706700-1332910580_thumb.jpg

Maktoum,

I know that if the machine -B- has already an OS, the name will not change and it will be machine -B-. Most of the time, I had this result. But yesterday, for the first time, after the deployment on machine -B-, the computer name was machine -A- and I didn't understand why I had this result for the first time...

What would you put in your answer file to add the machine name? If it's "General, Run Command Line", what would be the "Command Line"?