anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 6. Adding the Endpoint Protection role, configure Alerts and custom Antimalware Policies.

sure, but if you want to check the compliance status of your ADR deployment on let's say all your Configuration Manager Servers, how are you planning on doing that ? if you are pointing at the All Desktops and Servers collection you won't get this granularity...

compliance of a deployment.png

Hello,

As a follow up to my previous message, I am no longer going to run SCCM12 on Windows2012, and go back to my 2008r2 machine.

Anyways, as a result, on my 2008r2 machine, my SCCM12 will not auto-deploying definition files for EndPoint. As a result, my users keep getting Window Update popups every time a new definition file is ready to be installed. Any ideas?

EndPoint Protection can uninstall the following products automatically, however you'll have to configure the client settings in order to make this change.

Select True (Configuration Manager with no service pack) or Yes (Configuration Manager SP1) to uninstall existing antimalware software.

Endpoint Protection uninstalls the following antimalware software only:

• Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition version 10

• Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11

• Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition version 12

• McAfee VirusScan Enterprise version 8

• Trend Micro OfficeScan

• Microsoft Forefront Codename Stirling Beta 2

• Microsoft Forefront Codename Stirling Beta 3

• Microsoft Forefront Client Security v1

• Microsoft Security Essentials v1

• Microsoft Security Essentials 2010

• Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010

• Microsoft Security Center Online v1
  • Like 1

This has been configured for a few months for me. Checking in the \\sccm\sources\WindowsUpdates\EndpointProtection\ directory, it's full of definition updates, dating back to November. Over 1900 items and 2GB of data. Is SCCM supposed to delete expired definitions or do I need to do something else to manage that?

yes, if you want to target one computer with specific settings for that computer only then simply create a collection for that one computer, place the computer in that collection and target that collection with a custom antimalware policy

it seems a bit overkill though, why the need ?

I am trying to understand why you have created so many ADRs, other than compliance reporting.

As far as I can tell, there are no settings in the ADR itself that would make much difference when deploying to various clients.

(I do see that a number of collections are needed to manage the different antimalware policies.)

Would it make sense to create a different set of collections (fewer in number) just for the ADRs?

This would result in a few more collections, but fewer ADRs...

Or is there something else, that I am not yet understanding, that would make using the policy-related collections for ADRs also the best way to structure this?