offrock

Task sequence problem with windows 7

Question

Hi !

i have a little problem witth my task sequence, i'd like to push my installation of windows 7 on my machine test, but when i run my task sequence in RAP it tells me "This program is currently not available for more information contact your system

Administrator". My DP is update, i've no problem with software installation.

I found a lot of discussions about this subject but i did't find an answer for my problem!

Thanks for your helping

Julian

10 answers to this question

hi Julian

zip up all the logs on that client in it's CCM\LOGS folder and attach them here, if you cannot attach them then use skydrive or dropbox.

What are the settings of the advertisement - specifically the Distribution Points tab? Is this 2007 or 2012 (guessing 2007)?

The smsts.log file shows lots of errors:

Failed to locate the local data path. The files needed to resume the task sequence are missing. This could be because the task sequence finished while in Windows PE. Please check the largest available partition for SMSTSLog\smsts.log file for more information.

Unknown error (Error: 80070002; Source: Unknown

They suggest to me that it is missing packages needed for the installation.

Hi !

Yes it's sccm 2007, with sccm 2012 i did the same manipulation and it's works, i'm workinkg on for 2 weeks and i don't understand, i verified my packages 100 times, my shares too and everything is good (i think).

When i boot on pxe on my client computer, it didn't find anything (no boot image) is there a rapport with my problem?

the settings of the advertisement - specifically the Distribution Points tab > Download content locally when needed by running task sequence

Thanks for your experiences

When i boot on pxe on my client computer, it didn't find anything (no boot image) is there a rapport with my problem?

Can you clarify what you mean by "it didn't find anything"?

I am interpretting your statement to mean that when you attempt to boot from the network (usually pressing F12), you don't see any boot images to choose from. Are you running WDS on a separate server or are you running it on the SCCM 2007 server? If this is a separate server OS is your PXE service running on? Are you certain that the Windows Deployment Service is running - try restarting it to be sure.

If you are having communication problems during the PXE request stage, are there any messages that appear on screen?

hi !

Yes WDS is running, i can boot with a cd and i can deploy windows 7, it's very weird, but i always have the problem when i'm on the OS (xp or seven)

"This program is currently not available for more information contact your system Administrator"

I'll tell you the message for PXE

My message:

PXE-T01: The specified file was not found

PXE-E3B: TFTP Error- File Not found

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

Operating System not found

I restarted WDS service, the boot.wim of sccm 2007 is shared ConfigMgr PXE service point is installed and configured. PXE service and wds service is running on sccm 2007 server!

What do you think about?

Hi

Here my los smspxe, there are a lot of mistakes,

In fact i can't install via a boot cd, here the message

"This task sequence cannot be run because a package referenced by the task sequence could not be found.For more information, please contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator"

It's clear but my paths are good, the shares too and distribution point is update !!

an idea?

Thanks

logpxe.zip

Your PXE log is full with errors like this: <![LOG[still unable to delete folder C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\ (0x80070091) after 31 retries. Continue without further retry.]LOG]!><time="17:33:10.455+-120" date="08-30-2012" component="smspxe" context="" type="1" thread="3336" file="ccmfile.cpp:1135"><![LOG[Warning: Failed to copy the needed boot binaries from the boot image E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\SMSPKG\00A00037\sources\boot.wim. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Error: 800700B7; Source: Windows). You might want to look what's going on there, as they are pretty self explaining...