gvlaarho

Help: Stuck at downloading at 100% and NOT 0%

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a strange issue since about 2 months and this for SCCM 2012 and SCCM 2007

Latest updates are in the Master image by task sequence and not the "schedule Updates" fonction of SCCM 2012

8 times on 10, at install updates steps in OSD the task stuck at downloading at 100%

The famous old patch for SCCM 2007 for stuck at downloading at 0% is applied (not for SCCM2012)

When i check, all is downloaded

The problematic updates step story continues ....

Did you have an idea ? ...

Has somebody something else than the stupid embedded install software update of SCCM ?

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

8 times on 10, at install updates steps in OSD the task stuck at downloading at 100%

how long have you waited ? perhaps it's still installing updates...

many hours ... until past the by design maximun of authorized time ...

Sinds Many years i always do as follow

Creation of master image about each 3 month:

Install OS

Install Office

Install All Microsoft Updates

Prepare OS

Capture The Master Image

Staging:

Apply the Master Image

Install Latest Microsoft Updates 1st Pass

Install other softwares

Install Latest Microsoft Updates 2nd Pass

End

Now, at staging, the first Updates pass hangs then failed

If i ignore error, the TS continue then 2nd pass install updates (as they are alredy downloaded during the first pass)

I have this symptoms by many clients and this with both SCCM 2007 and 2012 from January

In fact, the problem is more important now, it's occurs also during master image creation.

After the first updates installation pass, very slow and block at downloadin 96%. After about 1 hour, finally installing updates

Office installation then other softwares

Second Updates Pass -> Downloading updates .... blocks at 96%; everything is downloaded. SMSTS.log: waiting for job status notification ...

after 3 hours -> Kill TSInstallSWUpdates.exe processes then restart, new update pass(third) -> waiting for job status notification ... -> Nothing happens

This occurs with Windows 7 X64 and Windows 8 X64

For the moment i am working on SCCM 2012 SP1 (Upgraded)

Really blocking issue

I suspect again like in the past Updatesdeployment.dll and TSInstallSWUpdates.exe. I hope that Microsoft will not take 6 month before a patch.

In the meantime, i am blocked.

Retry 3 times today, impossible to create a master of stage a computer from my old master

Always stuck at the end of download between 96 and 99 %

This seems occurs after some .net updates or Visual C++ 2008 SP1 update

I have this error in CIDownloader.log:

ReadStringFromFile failed (0x80070002)

and something like that in CAS.log

Error: DeleteDirectory:- Failed to delete Directory with Error 0x00000003.

Error: DeleteDirectory:- Failed to delete Directory C:\Windows\ccmcache\38.BCWork with Error 0x00000002.

No idea if it's related

Form now, i inject updates with servicing. all is ok for master image creation.

When i try to stage one VM from those master image with aditional ui languages, same result .... hangst at the end of downloading updates (or almost at the end). everything is well downloaded.

Same result without additional ui languages but with more than about 10 new updates to be applied. I can't imagine that nobody else experience the same issue.

NB: for windows 7 master image creation, the KB2522623 can help (it's the case for me; i applied this one before windows updates)

Really need some help

Config: SCCM 2012 upgraded to SP1 on server 2008 R2 SP1 and SQL 2008 R2 SP2 CU1

I went through a lot of forums before finally isolating my issue. I was not able to download patches from SCCM 2012 Sp1 Software Updates. Updates on the systems software center would say "Downloading 0%" and just sit there. My problem was that I had checked "Allow clients to share content with other clients on the same subnet" on the deployment package. After I unchecked this, I am now able to download and install patches.

Client logs also showed in the "Deployment Monitoring Tool" (from the Configuration Manager Toolkit) that the status of the patch was "Missing".

I can only postulate that the client was attempting to get the patch download from a client locally that did not have the patch in its cache.

I all,

After delete and re-download every updates for the third time, all seems to work great now. After analyses; it's seems that the NL sources for a little updates was missing or not downloaded and this was probably the cause of all of my problems. This came from the well known problem described @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2783466 for SCCM 2007 environment, but no idea why in SCCM 2012 ....

Thank you