briannbk

SCCM 2012 R2 - New Standalone Install Failure with ADK 8.1

I have searched around, and apparently no one else is experiencing this issue. I am hoping someone here can provide some troubleshooting tips or answers.

Issue:

New standalone installation of SCCM 2012 R2 Site Server fails in the prerequisite phase due to missing Windows Automated Deployment Toolkit 8.1 components.

Environment:

Site Server - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (VMWare VM)

SQL Server - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (VMWare VM), SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 CU 6, hosting SCCM and WSUS DB's.

All prerequisite applications installed and functioning without error on both servers.

Troubleshooting:

- Confirmed version of ADK 8.1 is NOT preview.

- Uninstalled and reinstalled ADK 8.1 with required components.

- Verified ADK 8.1 is installed (image attached)

Any help on this would be appreciated. This is not an upgrade, just a new, standalone installation.

Thanks,

Brian

post-22030-0-88197600-1384184746_thumb.png

My deepest apologies for not seeing that! I never had to install application-related components on the SQL server for SCCM 2007, so my assumption that would hold true in 2012 was wrong. I suppose if I had installed SQL on the same server as my application server, there would be no issue. At any rate, the installer is now allowing the installation to continue.

Live and learn - thank you very much for your help!

I was working on a POC site and by mistake i downloaded WADK 8.1.We were installing SCCM 2012 SP1 primary site then, The installation worked fine but after the installation there was no boot image generated ...I then called the MS support team & they asked me to install WADK 8 which solved my problem.

Thanks,

Pranay.