Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'microsoft deployment toolkit'.
Found 4 results
Hi I followed the following walkthrough(http://www.vkernel.ro/blog/creating-an-offline-mdt-deployment-media) and was able to boot into litetouch on the vm I am trying to sysprep and capture. However when I get to language selection the section is blank and I cannot choose a language, halting me from continuing. This is my first tome using MDT. Any tips?
so here is my issue. i am trying to create a updated image to deploy. i created the updated image and deployed it but when i do it doesnt auto join my domain and add my default profile. im assuming that its not completing the sysprep at some part, either when i capture the new image or when its running on the task sequences. my old capture works just fine but when i try the new one it wont. the task sequence is identical on both. on the new image when it installs, it still has the administrator profile from the OS i used the capture the image which is what im thinking its not doing the sysprep on the capture but im new at this and still learning so im not sure. neither the capture or the install give me an error. here is the link to the logs files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B86v2JnOCBOwbURrZm50eHZHekk?usp=sharing on the server it created two folders. 1. MININT-AI01HTE 2. MININT-EL0BL5G on the ones in the past that work it creats a folder with the computer name i gave it, but that isnt happening. im also putting in the log files on the laptop in the MININT folder. and the unattanded file. does anyone have an idea on how i can fix this?
Just thought I'd share some info I discovered. Recently found a bug in MDT version 8443 (can also be in earlier versions for all I know), integrated with SCCM. Noticed that the variable SMSDP would not set. The variable value of SMSDP turned blank after replacing older scriptfiles with the newest. To fix this you'll need to: 1. Edit the ZTIGather.wsf file with notepad or whatever 2. CTRL + F / search for SMSDP 3. This should bring you to line 1096 where you'll see: arrSMSDP = Split(oEnvironment.Item("_SMSTS" & oEnvironment.Item("_SMSTSBootImageID")),",") The line is supposed to be: arrSMSDP = Split(oEnvironment.Item("_SMSTSHTTP" & oEnvironment.Item("_SMSTSBootImageID")),",") 4. Update your MDT Script package Setting the correct variable to "_SMSTSHTTP" SMSDP was once again populated correctly. Hope this will be helpful.
Hello All, I thought I would share with anyone interested, that I just finished writing a series of posts about Working With The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013. You can find them on my blog at: http://adinermie.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/microsoft-deployment-toolkit-mdt-2013-installation/.