AmrelMahdy

Drive Letters Changed after OSD

All,

I have a weird problem. I captured few days Ago Windows 8.1 Reference Computer and It had 3 Drives (C,D,E), When i deployed the Image using Stand Alone Media , I found that the sccm assigned Drive D to the USB Flash memory and the original Drives are shifted to E and F Drives.

I tried to use TSvariable OSDPreserveDriveLetter and Set it to true but still same behaviour

I has SCCM 2012 R2 in my Environment.

any suggestions ?

stop using multiple drives in OSD, it's a bad idea and will always cause you issues,

are you capturing images from virtual hardware or real computers ? i'd recommend using virtual....

stop using multiple drives in OSD, it's a bad idea and will always cause you issues,

are you capturing images from virtual hardware or real computers ? i'd recommend using virtual....

Thanks Nial,

I was Capturing Physical Computer. And for More clarification , the image am Deploying Doesnt Make the Format and Partition Step as am Deploying this Image to install Windows 8.1 on C Drive and leave the rest of Drives as it is .

Hint: When i used the same TS to Deploy Windows 7 on C Drive only , it worked fine as D,E Drives where the same and the Data Was Maintained, the problem only appeared When i deployed Windows 8.1 on C Drive Only

Simple solution: just unplug the USB drive after you started the Task sequence. OSDPreserveDriveLetter only works for the OS drive.

You could of course also add a script, which reassigns the drive letters for your data drives, at the end of your task sequence.