Jizz0

Failed to connect to "\\share...\" Invalid username or password

Question

Trying to deploy Win7 and am getting the following error after the TS kicks off. Deployment then pauses and this is what is extracted from the smsts.log.

Failed to connect to "\\CONFIGMGRR2.SYSTEMCENTER.COM\SMSPKGD$\SMS000B7". Invalid username or password.

Failed to connect to the share \\CONFIGMGRR2.SYSTEMCENTER.COM\SMSPKGD$\007000B7\ with default account

The execution of the group (Install Operating System) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Apply Driver Package. Execution of task sequence failed.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)

After TS halts, I get the Failed to connect to "\\CONFIGMGRR2.SYSTEMCENTER.COM\SMSPKGD$\SMS000B7". Invalid username or password. ApplyOperatingSystem" error along with "Package manager failed with return code 2" and "The execution of the group (Install Operating System) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)". I have built a new OS WIM with the same results.

4 answers to this question

On a side note ... I did change from Driver Package to Apply Driver and chose Install All Compatable Drivers in the TS and I received a new error message:

Windows Package Manager

Operation failed with 0x80070002

System cannot find the file specified.

If I OK'ed the box, the OSD would continue and then reboot. Once rebooted, I was given a boot manager stop error (0x00000001).

Trying to deploy Win7 and am getting the following error after the TS kicks off. Deployment then pauses and this is what is extracted from the smsts.log.

Failed to connect to "\\CONFIGMGRR2.SYSTEMCENTER.COM\SMSPKGD$\SMS000B7". Invalid username or password.

Failed to connect to the share \\CONFIGMGRR2.SYSTEMCENTER.COM\SMSPKGD$\007000B7\ with default account

The execution of the group (Install Operating System) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Apply Driver Package. Execution of task sequence failed.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)

After TS halts, I get the Failed to connect to "\\CONFIGMGRR2.SYSTEMCENTER.COM\SMSPKGD$\SMS000B7". Invalid username or password. ApplyOperatingSystem" error along with "Package manager failed with return code 2" and "The execution of the group (Install Operating System) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)". I have built a new OS WIM with the same results.

I had the same, turned out to be a typo in the Network access account. Go to

Site management - <site> - site settings - client agents - computer client agent properties.

Check if the account there is correct. (including domainname) It must be a account that is allowed access to the share. For testing ease i used the administrator account :)

If it is correct boot into Winpe F8 and try to connect to the share manually