I've been stuck for days on an issue I can't figure out. I don't even know where to start but I first noticed ASP.NET errors (7.png) in my SCCM's event viewer.. hundreds of them. I read a bunch of articles which basically said to increase the private memory limit in my WSUS application pool (which I did) but the errors continued. I changed a bunch of timeout errors in the same app pool as well since the error message relates to an http timeout. Ultimately, my SUP can sync from SCCM . I can see clients finding the WSUS server and I can see in WCM.log and wsyncmgr.log that there are no errors and SCCM can connect properly to WSUS. However, on the clients.. I see (A2.png) that the WUAgent failed to scan. I'm not sure what to check and I am out of answers. 

A2.png

Inked7_LI.jpg

Edited by Storres120

Are you sure that even if you increased the memory allocated to the Application Pool in IIS, the server actually has enough free memory left to fill in that increase? I have seen similar cases where a new application installed on the WSUS server was claiming the free memory before WSUS.

Also, the Windows 7 Update Agent had some serious issues some time ago, specially the 32 bit ones. Make sure you use a very recent Update agent version. For your reference, some version numbers for the recent versions of Update Agent: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/949104/how-to-update-the-windows-update-agent-to-the-latest-version

Then, there is the WSUS Cleanup - for SCCM, the usual WSUS Cleanup is not effective as it related to updates that are "Approved" and SCCM does not approve updates on WSUS (and neither should anyone). More details here: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2015/04/15/support-tip-configmgr-2012-update-scan-fails-and-causes-incorrect-compliance-status/

My server has 64gb and I watched it's memory usage. Even when I gave the apppool an unlimited amount of memory, the problem did not subside. I have all the latest WUAgents installed on my clients. The problem started on the 8th and we were good until the morning of. I have run maintenance using PowerShell and the listed script. 

On 3/23/2017 at 8:23 PM, Storres120 said:

My server has 64gb and I watched it's memory usage. Even when I gave the apppool an unlimited amount of memory, the problem did not subside. I have all the latest WUAgents installed on my clients. The problem started on the 8th and we were good until the morning of. I have run maintenance using PowerShell and the listed script. 

As a sanity check, run the below SQL against the SUSDB on each SUP.

select COUNT(UpdateID) from vwMinimalUpdate where IsSuperseded =1 and Declined = 0