HI Everyone,

I hope this finds everyone in your best health!

I have been facing a weird situation that I am facing during OSD and don't seem to have any answer to my doubt having googled everywhere so thought about putting it out here.

Majority of my devices are failing during the OSD and upon checking the log it appears they are not reaching out to preferred nor fallback management point but a random one. I have checked the boundaries and boundary group and all seems to be in place from SCCM end but there is no answer to this.

Upon deeply checking it installs driver package, image successfully after downloading the policy from random MP but fails to download random application having not been connected to any management point.

Can someone help me understand why this is not reaching out to protected and fallback MP and what should be the reason behind it?

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

16 minutes ago, SHASHIDUBEY01 said:

Thanks a lot Garath!!

Yes I have been using IP address range almost everywhere in my environment.

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

So Having IP Subnet and AD boundary can cause overlapping boundaries which can casuse problems for site assignment, Why cna the AD and IP subnet boundaries at all? Why are you not use IP Ranges only? 

HI Garath,

Thanks for the instructions !

We have few AD and IP subnet in our environment and that too have been proposed to client for the change so we could have IP address all over the environments. For the specific issue we have only IP address range still having the issue with the Ip allocation.

We even removed the fallback and have only single site server for the MP in our boundary group but still it won't pick the protected MP. Do we have have only the options to reinstall the MP or the entire site server as we too have the DP working on it.

Regards,

Shashi Dubey 

Management Points are for getting policy (and sending state messages), distribution points are for downloading your apps, updates, os and so on,

so is your issue that users are download from the wrong DP  or communicating with the wrong MP ? have you enabled Preferred Management Points ? attaching logs from a client with the issue would greatly aid us here in understanding your problem

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your time and involvement!

My issue is we have computer failing to complete the task sequence properly as all of them fails to download at a step install application which is after the OS installation and domain join and client installation.

We have management point locally in place and also we have the management point in the fallback but the client never picks these two MPS and connect a random one for the policy download. We even reinstalled the management point role but nothing made any difference here. I have been unable to find out why any of the client never contacts my local MP or fallback for policies and reaches a random one on it's own.

Sir attaching the screenshot to show the error where it exactly fails hope this make the situation little clear and kindly let me know if there is any additional info needed on this :).

Thanking for your help again!!

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

IMG_7435-1.jpeg

IMG_7338.jpeg

IMG_7337.jpeg

pasting a few screenshots of actual logs isn't going to help, can you zip up the logs and pm me a link in case you are worried about others reading them ?