tech_2011

Deploy Lync 2010 by SCCM 2007

Question

Hi All,

I am using SCCm 2007 in my company and now i want to deploy the Lync 2010 through SCCM 2007.

I have one problem that we are using two OS Version 32 bit & 64 bit and Lync 2010 can't install x86 version in the windows 7 64 bit.

a. windows 7 32 bit --- Quantity of users is 146

b. windows 7 64 bit --- Quantity of users is 34

-----------------------------------------------------------

Total Users 180

------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly someone help me how i can deploy Lync in different version of OS 32 bit & 64 bit through SCCM 2007.

Thanks,

Tech_2011

Hi,

Here is a simple query you can use to determine which machine is a 32 or 64 bit Windows 7 and then you can use these collections to deploy the Lync client. http://ccmexec.com/2011/07/query-to-determine-32-or-64-bit-operating-system/

You could also configure a supported platform for both applications and then deploy them to the same collection, then the clients will only install the one with the correct supported platform.

I think however option 1 with the two queries is the way to go.

regards,

Jörgen

Thanks Jörgen...

Now i am able to get all the windows 7 32 & 64 bit computer in separate collection.

Please can you help me step by step, how i can deploy the Lync 2010 client software in users machine through the SCCM 2007.

Waiting for your reply...

yes i tried to deploy the Lync 2010 client software in all X86 & X64 windows 7 collections but not get any error message.

May be i am doing some wrong steps to deploy the Lync 2010 client.

Kindly provide me step by step configuration of it.

Waiting for your reply ....

Thanks

yes i tried to deploy the Lync 2010 client software in all X86 & X64 windows 7 collections but not get any error message.

May be i am doing some wrong steps to deploy the Lync 2010 client.

Kindly provide me step by step configuration of it.

Waiting for your reply ....

Thanks

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=15985

This is the Lync deplyment guide and the guide directs me to the SCCM web site which does not have any specific information on deplying Lync using SCCM.

I have the same issue, trying to deply the Lync EXE, the workstations get the advertisement but nothing is logged on the client side.