anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

Now I can boot my machine with PXE, but It reboot by the point

Preparing Network connections.......

1) Windows is loading files (IP :my sccm2012 server: File: \SMSboot\boot.sdi)

(IP :my sccm2012 server: File: \SMSImages\dig\boot.dig2002.wim

2) Windows is starting up.........

3)Preparing Network connections.......

Here reboot my machine again

Seems to me you need to inject the NIC drivers into your boot image, are you trying this on a virtual machine or on physical hardware?

I am not able to get this to work.

Are you required to install WDS in order to get PXE to work? My understanding is that Configuration Manager took the place of WDS now.

My virtual machine only displays the MAC Address. It is using the Legacy Network Adapter and PXE has been enabled on the 3 things discussed in the guide.

what does your SMSTS.log file tell you ? what error are you getting, we need more details to figure out what you are missing

PXE-E53 on the client.

I don't have an SMSTS.log file. I have an SMSPXE log file though. I will post the results in a few.

F8 does nothing on the client. Neither does F12.

post-15358-0-52269400-1350410717_thumb.png

post-15358-0-72637500-1350410718_thumb.png

post-15358-0-97174700-1350410719_thumb.png

post-15358-0-53911900-1350411295_thumb.png

sorry i meant the smspxe.log of course, can you attach it here,

is the Configuration Manager server on the same network as your client ?

you never answer my question, is the client on the same virtual network as your configuration manager computer ? is dhcp server on the same box or on your domain controller, is that on a different lan ?

abortpxe just means that it's pxe booted before but not finished properly (usually) so search for the computername in the All Systems collection, if you can't find it it's likely to be listed as unknown, delete it and restart the Windows Deployment Service, then PXE boot again....

you never answer my question, is the client on the same virtual network as your configuration manager computer ? is dhcp server on the same box or on your domain controller, is that on a different lan ?

abortpxe just means that it's pxe booted before but not finished properly (usually) so search for the computername in the All Systems collection, if you can't find it it's likely to be listed as unknown, delete it and restart the Windows Deployment Service, then PXE boot again....

Everything is on the same network (using the same Private Virtual Network adapter). It appears that the virtual machine (REF01) is actually getting the correct IP. I only have 2 servers, DC01 which has AD/DS, DNS and DHCP. SCCM01 has Configuration Manager 2012 and also hosts the SQL database.

After removing the virtual machine from the All Systems device collection and restarting WDS, I received the same error.

Did the following to get it to work:

• Removed the device from the All Systems collection
  • Restarted DHCP
  • Rebooted the SCCM server

There is still an issue with my Task Sequence, but at least I got PXE to work properly.