anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

First off, THANK YOU! This tutorial series is amazing and well done.

I'm having a problem with OSD and Windows 7 x86. I believe I followed all the steps carefully, and my guest VM is able to PXE and display the password form. Once I click that however, I'm getting an error that says 0x80004005 and a message about failing to access the policy for the client. The smspxe.log doesn't seem to show any errors or warnings. I've attached the error message and a screen capture of the smspxe.log. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you! - Dave

post-9400-0-02726500-1430519543_thumb.png

post-9400-0-06051600-1430519554_thumb.png

• Like 1

First off, THANK YOU! This tutorial series is amazing and well done.

thanks !

please attach your smsts*.log file so we can figure out the issue

Hello and Thank you for this tutorial. It's been extremely helpful.

I'm stuck right now on Step 3 of part 7. It states to right click on the Boot Images so we can enable PXE. At what point did we even create the Boot Images and how did we import the Boot Images? What were the steps? Also I'm in the Add Boot Image Wizard and I've created an x64 boot.wim from Winpe using dism and I entered the path to the boot.wim but the "Select a Boot Image from the specified WIM file" field remains blank and it has a red exclamation point beside it. It will not populate. Can you help out with this? Maybe I've missed something.

Hi there,

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a physical machine from SCCM 2012 R2. As soon after the computer finishes loading the boot.wim file the following error is popping up

Your PC needs to restart.

Please hold down the power button.

Error Code: 0x000000C4

This is a problem im having with the Dell Optiplex GX620.

I can install windows 7 via a USB drive with no problem.

I can also install windows via SCCM on laptops. But not this model of Dell Optiplex.

I dont see any problems in SMSPXE.log:

Client boot action reply: <ClientIDReply><Identification Unknown="0" ItemKey="2046820353" ServerName=""><Machine><ClientID>3ad3a965-a38a-47bf-bfed-3269364f0ff9</ClientID><NetbiosName/></Machine></Identification><PXEBootAction LastPXEAdvertisementID="" LastPXEAdvertisementTime="" OfferID="AN12000D" OfferIDTime="25.11.2015 10:17:00" PkgID="AN100010" PackageVersion="" PackagePath="http://AGAVSCCM01 SMSPXE 06.01.2016 13:19:53 3048 (0x0BE8)

Any tips?

more than likely it's missing sata (storage) or network drivers in the boot image you are booting from and as a result, it reboots with no error message, i'd suggest you take a look at this post to easily find out what the issue is,

cheers

niall

I'm having problems using VMware Fusion 8 Pro to build and capture windows 7. I can start the task sequence but when it should start capturing the operating system, because the boot image failed to use any of the drivers that are injected, the task sequence fail because it doens't have network.

Does anyone has the drivers for nic e1000 ?!