deconinckg

Boot selection failed

Question

Hi all,

I got this error now and i don't really know where to look for now. I have been thinking about rights so i even put everyone to have access to the files without any good result. I have already removed OS packages and readded them. But now I only get to the same error over and over again.

I have added the problem in attachment from what i'm getting:

Full error: Teh boot selection failed because a required device is not accesible.

This is after PXE gives me out an IP and starts loading files, but directly gives me this error in return.

post-2737-1241080638_thumb.jpg

OIK I seem to have fixed the issue. My PXEFilter had a space behind the collectionID. I did also some changes of access to the boot images itself and changed the user in pxefilter to domain\smsadmin instead of smsadmin itself. I also updated all distribution points.

One of these things must have solved my problem. I'm guessing it will be the space in the CollectionID of the PXEFilter.

I hope i can go further without any more troubles now ;) Already thanks a lot for the help.

double check that the boot images are distributed to BOTH distribution points

if I am using a bootable media (CD) please could you confirm I need only one DP? (I am not using PXE)

Thanks,

-Dom

hi anywab or other peoples,

Like i said i fixed the problem and deployment worked fine, although it didn't do everything that was configured in task sequence.

I asked that he puts the pc directly in domain, but he just made the pc in the domain. And when Vista booted up he also asked me to give in user, and language setup and all those things.

Is this normal? I guess it has something to do with sysprep, like it gives you all the options a sysprep image would do. Or is this because of the capture and deploy?

Can you confirm me, if i have to setup something else so it can deploy workstation directly into the domain. I have made a user with rights to add peoples inside the domain.

Greetz

you need to use the image created in the CAPTURE process as your new image for deploying Vista with and edit your Deploy Windows Vista task sequence to join the domain,

please understand that the Build And Capture Windows Vista Task Sequence is only used to create a NEW image to be used for deploying vista using an entirely NEW task sequence and the new task sequence is the one which you must enter your domain joining details....

so you will have two task sequences, one for Build and Capture, and one for Deploying Windows Vista using the captured image....

deploy_and_build_and_capture.jpg

cheers

anyweb

you need to use the image created in the CAPTURE process as your new image for deploying Vista with and edit your Deploy Windows Vista task sequence to join the domain,

please understand that the Build And Capture Windows Vista Task Sequence is only used to create a NEW image to be used for deploying vista using an entirely NEW task sequence and the new task sequence is the one which you must enter your domain joining details....

so you will have two task sequences, one for Build and Capture, and one for Deploying Windows Vista using the captured image....

post-1-1241422046_thumb.jpg

cheers

anyweb

Ok i understand what you wanna say now.

Just an additional question to your very nice reply of my issue. (EDIT: Already deployed it and this works)

If i import the captured image and use it to deploy it. Am i still able to use one captured image and deploy it with additional software added?

I just ask this question because we have several departments which all need different software. And it would be kinda hard to have 4-6 captured images with the additional software.

I will now test your suggestion and will probably tell you about my succes or failure tommorow ;) I'm doing this through VPC with Virtualization Technology on, but its still not up to speed like it does when you have a normal desktop connected to that network. (EDIT: This works perfectly, except for the keyboard preferences i will have to change one way or another)

I'm sure your image has given me more to organize the collections. And about the collections, I have my WDS PXE Filter collection set to the "Deploy and capture vista"-ID. Can we put that collection ID to all "All suystems" or do we have to change that every time we have a different task to do? Like shown at the bottom of this page: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=511

Ok i have deployed drivers, software and OS with succes.

JUst one more thing i don't really understand. We have in our configuration panel new additional objects which refer to SCCM. I have tried to deploy software individually with firefox test like you had shown and i put a shedule. But nothing happenes at all. When i add that software package to the image to deploy it does install it, as does he install another software application where i have been using installlevels to install the right items. But none of these i seem to be able to push to the client itself? Any idea what i'm doing wrong or where i could find a log about it?

greetings, and already much thanks for the help offered.