anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8.1 x64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

We had the time issue too. I would try and PXE boot the SP3 and it would reboot as soon as it got to the "preparing network connections" stage. I didn't know about the time and date in command prompt, so the only way I could fix the issue was to factory reset, put the time and date correct and then PXE boot again, and it worked fine. None of these had low battery, we had the issue on maybe 3 out of 12 SP3s. It does look like the time went back to manufacture date.

Looking at the above pic, isn't that time and date on the PXE server though? I did check mine in CMD after I corrected the date and time in Windows, and it showed 30 mins out. The reason I thought for this, is that I'm in Adelaide and our SCCM server is in Brisbane. They're 30 mins behind us at the moment, and the time showed correct for Brisbane.

I've got an issue imaging Surface Pro 3's as well. I hope you can help. After imaging and deploying several via SCCM 2012 R2, we've noticed now that they all won't Auto Rotate. They are stuck in Landscape. I have followed 1-5 on the this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/troubleshoot-surface-touchscreen-rotation

When I run the troubleshooter (step 5), I receive a message that the "Accelerometer is reporting a screen orientation value of AR_DOCKED". And then it says "Not fixed".

It seems like the sensor is reporting that it is Docked even though it isn't. I'm using the January 2015 drivers. Any ideas how I can fix this in my image?

I'm experiencing the same issue has ryandengstrom where the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 attempts to start PXE over IPv6. ryandengstrom states that the issues was resolved by adding the Surface Ethernet Adapter as a comptuer via MAC Address. How do you do you perform this configuration change and is it a valid solution.

I appreciate the post ryandengstrom.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

ok, i have a new System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 CU4 install. i am unable to get surface 2 or 3 to pxe boot. i can get a hp laptop in uefi mode to pxe boo every time. the surface will not get past the PXE screen. you can see in the smspxe log that the sccm server offers a image but the surface never accepts it.

We use two ISC dhcpd 4.2.4-P2 on SLES 11.3. Both servers cover that scope and load balance the pool

So just as a test we removed all ip helpers from the imaging subnet the clients were on (sccm server and the two DHCP servers). I then added a second nic on the sccm server to that has a static ip on the imaging vlan. I Built up a 2012 dhcp server not on the domain and put it in the Imaging vlan. I can now successfully boot a surface via pxe.

Have you had any experience implementing PXE with ISC dhcpd?