anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

I had the same problem as pxedave:

The ReportsUser account would not retain it's settings and returned an error message:

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070569)

For me adding the ReportsUser to the Domain Admins group did the trick. Not a brilliant solution but at least it worked. Strangely the existing Admin accounts don't retain their settings but the ReportsUser does.

Hi!

FYI. I went on to create an SMSReportUsers group in AD, allowing normal test user accounts to access reports through their broswers too. I found I didn't have to define this group in the SCCM console at all, only through the browser as described above.

When doing this I noticed that the permissions being set did not propegate to the child folders so I had to do this manually (hit ConfigMgr_001, Properties, Security, Revert To Parent Security, and also repeat this for subfolders under ConfigMgr_001 to allow this groups to see reports). I'm not sure if this is perculiar to my setup, the RC etc. I also noticed that adding this group to the local administrators group got around this issue, but obviously this is not ideal. Maybe this is why this tip is provided in the instructions above.

I had the same problem as pxedave:

The ReportsUser account would not retain it's settings and returned an error message:

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070569)

For me adding the ReportsUser to the Domain Admins group did the trick. Not a brilliant solution but at least it worked. Strangely the existing Admin accounts don't retain their settings but the ReportsUser does.

Find my resolution here, maxx...

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4733-permission-problem-with-reporting-part-11/

I have been getting this in my SRSRP log. Any ideas?

Reporting Services URL from Registry [http://sbsccm/Report...rvice2005.asmx] SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

(!) SRS not detected as running SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

STATMSG: ID=7403 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT" SYS=SBSCCM.SANDBOX.COM SITE=P01 PID=2072 TID=3344 GMTDATE=Wed Jan 04 21:36:44.292 2012 ISTR0="SBSCCM.SANDBOX.COM" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0 SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

Failures reported during periodic health check by the SRS Server SBSCCM.SANDBOX.COM. SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

Waiting for changes for 1 minutes SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

First make sure that you have CU 4 for SQL Server 2008 R2 installed (if you have 2008 R2). If you did install it and are still having this problem, try deleting and recreating the Encryption Key within Reporting Services Configuration Manager. That's what ultimately fixed it for me.

Hey...hope everyones well. I have an issue with installing the reporting role. The instance does not show up after i verify the database. Can someone help? I am thinking it is some sort of security issue or setup issue with the sql server, but i need a little guidance, and the microsoft site isn't the most helpful.

How much is WMI a part in this..in my lab it retrieved the instances in a second and i didn't have to do any extra configuration, but using a remote sql site, i am running into this issue. Any help is appreciated. I just haven't found a whole lot on requirements.

Thank you.

SOLVED one...created another :) OK..solved that one. I was using an admin account with too many rights is my guess. I created a new smsadmin account, gave it rights to the sql box, and the sccm box. Then i made it a full admin on the server, and BINGO...it was able to retrieve the instances and install the reporting role. HOWEVER!! That was on the primary, now when i try to install the role on the CAS, I get the following message in component status..."Site Component Manager detected that this component should be installed on this site system. Site Component Manager will attempt to install the component every 60 minutes until the installation succeeds."

Hey guys im running into this problem that i cant seem to solve. I have nothing in the logfiles of importance.

this is how it looks like, the "Reporting Services server instance" remains empty...

And the reporting services role is installed on the SQL server.

keso.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I figured it out, i had to configure the reporting services on the SQL because the database was not created. Now it works!

But when i browse the site , it looks like this.

tomtq.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so my problem atm is i cant se any reports at all... :(