• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

IBCM Server in DMZ with RODC (did you open port 53 for dns?)

glen8
    By glen8,
    for those of you who have installed a domain joined member server for ibcm in the dmz, and used an rodc for domain services, did you open up port 53 (dns) between the ibcm server and your internally based writable domain controllers? Thanks

External forest domains not showing in task sequence options

Norphus
    By Norphus,
    I have a big project on at the moment. I'm building a new AD domain forest and a ConfigMgr site hierarchy to manage it. The new forest is built. There is a transitive trust set up between the old forest and the new one to aid in migration. My ConfigMgr hierarchy is also set to publish itself to the old AD forest. This all appears to work; the old forest is in ConfigMgr, ConfigMgr is publishing its sites to the old forest and discovery in the old forest is working quite nicely. The new

Client assigned to wrong MP

glen8
    By glen8,
    Hi all, I have an IBCM server installed in our DMZ.  Everything is working great, and I am allowing it to also update member servers in the DMZ as well as internet clients.  Certs are all good, logs are fine. My issue however is that the member servers in the DMZ are assigned to the wrong MP.  They are going to the primary site server, not the server in the DMZ. Things I have checked: Boundaries and boundary groups are set and contain just the DMZ site server Hierarchy s

Network- Built-In Configuration Manager Reports

djrnold
    By djrnold,
    I am trying to run a report on our SCCM 2012 Current branch Version 1610  to list all the computers on each of our subnets (based on IP addresses of our subnets),    The article on (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn581998.aspx ) lists all the reports supplied with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.  It was also mentioned on this site that what I am looking for should be listed under Network reporting, where I can choose "Count IP addresses by subnet" (Descri

IBCM DP in DMZ to also update other servers in the DMZ?

glen8
    By glen8,
    Hi Everyone, I have installed a DP in my DMZ to update internet client machines.  Would it be possible for that DP to also perform updates on servers living in the DMZ? There's not many.  We are currently doing the windows updates manually. Thanks!

Capture image from Win 10 1709

Mostafa
    By Mostafa,
    i faced an error during capture the image of Win 10 version 1709 on VM Machine ( but the VM G2 and in UEFI Mode ) and when i run the same TS on a laptop with Legacy Bios it worked well; please check the print screen. the question here : 1- the captured image capture the Bios Setting option ( Legacy or UEFI ) ?? 2- should the capture image TS has a specific Configuration to work with UEFI ? if yes , please share it with me. 3- if i succeeded to capture the UEFI Image , wi

Windows 10 1709 Capture Error 0x00004005

gokhan76
    By gokhan76,
    Hi Guys, Can someone give me idea how to fix this capture problem? O/S is Windows 10 1709 all built in apps removed. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullNameName                                        PackageFullName----                                        ---------------Windows.MiracastView                        Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyWindows.PrintDialog                         Windows.PrintDialog_6.2.0.0_neu

Extended Servicing for Windows 10 - hurrah!

Config Mangler
    By Config Mangler,
    MS have seen sense and extended support for Windows versions for 6 months. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2018/02/01/changes-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/  

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.