• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Strange issue with Latitude 7490

SighBee
    By SighBee,
    I'm seeing some weird behaviour when building a new Dell Latitude 7490. Boot List Option is set to UEFI and I've tried this with SATA Operation mode in both AHCI and RAID On. I PXE boot the laptop and start my OSD TS which sets some more BIOS settings (disable UEFI Network Stack, disable Legacy Option ROMs and enable Secure Boot). It then formats the disk with GPT partitions (700MB FAT32 Primary with TSUEFIDrive variable and 100% of remaining space NTFS Primary) and reboots. The laptop goes

Servicing Plans Frustration

Jeff May-Stahl
    By Jeff May-Stahl,
    I am using SCCM 1710 and attempting to use servicing plans for the first time and am totally frustrated. The client never downloads the update and results in an error 0x87D00692 - Group Policy conflict. The UpdatesDeployment and WUAHandler logs show essentially the same error which I have attached a screenshot of. At first, when I saw this, it would say that WSUS was pointing to my old server which made sense. I have since disabled all group policy having to do with Windows Update as I want SCCM

Preparing for 1710 upgrade

simulacra75
    By simulacra75,
    Hi all Currently preparing for the 1710 upgrade from a previous version. According to MS, it's advisable to upgrade ADK on site servers beforehand. Currently running ADK 1607 (10.1.14393.0) and our default Production Boot Image is located in the ADK installation folder. I'm supposing that if/when i upgrade ADK to 170x that this default boot image would get overwritten, is that a correct assumption? If it is, any ideas of what i can do to prevent or remediate this? I don't want to have a sit

System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview 1801 now available !

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction Microsoft have released the latest Technical Preview release of System Center Configuration Manager namely System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview 1801. There are two main versions (of Configuration Manager) available:     System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)     System Center Configuration Manager (Technical Preview) System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) is designed for use in production, for managing a

Password protect a TS in Software Center?

xerxes2985
    By xerxes2985,
    Question, Is there a way to password protect a OS Task Sequence? Currently, the only time it is password protected is when initiated through PXE Boot.  What I’d like to be able to do is have my TS deployed and in Software Center, if you try to run it, it’ll ask for a password before starting the sequence. thanks.

Switch BranchCache content retrieval to HTTPS

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents, Does somebody know if it's possible to use HTTPS with BranchCache in a SCCM context to retrieve content from neighbor workstations ? I think this can lead to unexpected issue if we previously configured BrancheCache through client settings ... Any idea ?

Windows 10 Software Updates

KBE404
    By KBE404,
    Hello, So I've been playing around with pushing manual software updates using SUGs.  As of now, I have them pushing to two lab environments of around 25 machines each.  Also a few test laptops I have in my office.  I'm having issues where in the deployment window its showing that a few machines are compliant with the latest updates.  If I take a look at the machine version, its still on 1709.16, not 1709.192.  Yet the machine is still reporting compliance with the software update deployment. 

EP Automatic deployment size

Kevin79
    By Kevin79,
    I have an Automatic Deployment Rule setup to deploy EP updates and I followed the guide here when I created it. The size of it is 2.5GB though. Is there a way to cut the size down and/or not have it keep so many expired updates in it? It seems to keep updates for about 10 days before it clears them even though they are expired. How do I limit the number of days worth it keeps?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.