• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Choosing upgrade path

Jorin
    By Jorin,
    Hello, I would like to have a little advice about upgrading path..  (we want to start using windows 10 1709) Currently sccm2012r2 sp1 5.00.8239.1000 on a Windows server 2012r2. 2 DC's in our domain also windows server 2012r2. Should I upgrade to sccm 1710 or should I build a new server with windows server 2016 and purchase sccm 2016?  Thanks,

PXE Boot Task Sequence Filter

JBudd
    By JBudd,
    In our environment we have 20-30 task sequences for all of our 8 schools. Each technician is assigned to 1 or 2 locations. When we fire up a PC and boot from PXE we then see the entire list of task sequences. I would like to configure SCCM to only display specific task sequences to specific users. 

SCCM Overview

Azharuddin
    By Azharuddin,
    New Management Capabilities in System Center Configuration Manager Update 1706 SCCM( System Center Configuration Manager) Update 1706 is available as an in-console for the systems installed with the versions-1606, 1610 or 1702. Below listed are the some new functionalities added in the update 1706 of SCCM. Site Infrastructure Compliance Settings Application Management Operating System Deployment Software Updates Reporting Mobile Devices Manage

Do internet clients prefer a microsoft location over a DP for SUP

glen8
    By glen8,
    Hi all, I have put a site server in our DMZ running DP, MP and SUP so we can update clients across the internet.  It all looks like it's working, but I have noticed in the windowsupdate.log that when the client is on the internet it is pulling the updates down from a microsoft location.  When it's back on the internal network, it switches over to the site server fine. The auto deployment rule does allow content to be pulled from the internet.  I'm just wondering if a client on the inte

Office 2016 Click To Run

YPCC
    By YPCC,
    Hi All, been a while since I posted here but something I jsut cannot get my head around. My client use Office 2016 click to run, and we have customised the installation to ensure Groove, Lync, Access and Publisher are NOT installed on the users machine as not all users require this. We deploy via SCCM and Office 2016 C2R is installed in our base WIM file. Now as you can imagine, there are always a handful of users who for example require Access or Lync (Skype For Business) perhaps, and

Can't install sccm client - Discovery Data obsolet on computer - SCCM 1710

remi170289
    By remi170289,
    Hi, I have SCCM 1710 on my prod environment. We have a few computer which use VPN (with Remote Access) and I can't deploy the sccm client over vpn. I know why: Trying to deploy SCCM client on Client0040 for exemple: I can see in CCM.log on server that the request have started and completed but when it's copying ccmsetup on the target, it's not Client0040 but Client0039   ---> Creating \ VerifyingCopying existence of destination directory \\Client0039\admin$\ccmsetup.    SMS_CL

Deleted deployments still showing in software center

xerxes2985
    By xerxes2985,
    A lot of my clients are stuck showing long since deleted deployments in Software Center. I've run all of the "client notification" options multiple times, and still the old deployed applications exist. I have also gone through the entire console and deleted all old revisions of any application. They are still there. Any suggestions??

SCCM CB - Implementation - System Management Container

Veera
    By Veera,
    Dear Experts, Currently Managing the infra with 5600 End Points (1 Primary, 22 DP's) with Windows 7 Management. We are looking to upgrade to Current Branch 1702 and So on. Prior to the Deployment, Preferred to Create 1 Test Environment.  We have already 1 PROD Environment. SYS Management Container is given with Permission (Full Control) for Primary Site server (Host name) of the Machine. If we grant the access for System Management Container with Full Control (For TEST E

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.