• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Collection contents not matching HW inventory?

xerxes2985
    By xerxes2985,
    I'm using the following report and checking against all systems for %iTunes%. My report comes back with around 35 systems.  However, I've created a collection for iTunes, and it is only showing 9 systems. The query I am using for the collection is the following.   select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_

PXE Booting Failure

su1c1da1
    By su1c1da1,
    Hello all, I became the administrator of a SCCM site recently.  To my dismay, we've been imaging workstations with a USB thumb drive, not by SCCM OSD through PXE booting.  I've been trying to setup PXE booting without success.  Since I have limited knowledge on managing SCCM, hopefully I can resolve this issue with your help. The SCCM Site contains 1 Primary site server (CB 1706) and 2 distribution points.  The Primary site has all roles except the DP role installed (Is the DP role req

ConfigMgr Scans - High Bandwidth

nellsworth101
    By nellsworth101,
    Background Information Sorry for the long post, but I'll try to be as detailed as I can. We are running ConfigMgr 1710 in our environment which consists of a single Site Server in our HQ datacenter.  Our environment is not huge and has around 500 clients (computers) being managed at this time in about 35 geographically separated sites.   Most of these sites have 10-20 computers, some only a couple each and most are not well-connected to the corporate network.  A few of our smallest sit

SCCM CB - Implementation - System Management Container

Veera
    By Veera,
    Dear Experts, I would like to get an advice from you Please. You may see multiple forums from me – As my Environment is bit complicated. Environment implemented by 3rd party and handover to us as part of transformation – Which we are struggling to upgrade or proceed further. Current Infrastructure: SCCM 2012 SP2 with Windows 7 Clients (Managing – Application, Patch, Operating System Deployment) This is running on Windows Server 2008 with SQL 2008 Required Infrastruc

SCCM Client Push Account Vulnerability

Stonelion
    By Stonelion,
    Hi, I have heard that it was announced at the recent Geek Week in Germany that the SCCM client push account is stored in plain text and is therefore vulnerable. Is anyone able to confirm this as I cannot find anything mentioned on any sites? Apparently Microsoft released some news about it 3 weeks ago but kept it very quiet. Thanks, Andrew

Upgrade to 1709 not detected as required on some computers

bservet
    By bservet,
    Out of my 300 Windows 10 clients about 100 still haven't upgraded to 1709 despite a servicing plan which targets all of them. The old Windows versions are mostly running 1703 and some are still on 1607. The problem seems to be that no matter which criteria I use in the plan, the number client requiring the upgrade remain much to low: It's not clear to me why this is happening or how I can fix this. I guess that if the upgrade packages aren't detected as required any servicing plan

SCCM Configuration Manager - Upgrade - Site Systems, DP, Client

Veera
    By Veera,
    Dear Admin, My Apologize - I feel to raise this Question separately to make myself clarity on asking question and getting answer, As per the previous post, Phase I : Upgrade from SCCM 2012 SP2 to SCCM CB V1606 At Present, the Environment is having as below and mentioned with To - BE State After Successful, Completion with Phase I - Progressing Phase II as follows (As-IS and To-BE Infra) Please Validate if the As-IS to Phase I, II (To-BE) is Okay / Please

Restored SCCM Site osd Task sequences fail

tadeloach22
    By tadeloach22,
    So, my sccm site died.  Luckily,  I had the site backups configured.  I went through the restore process, everything went well.  Only thing I had to do was remove the dp role and put it back.  However, When I try to run any of my osd task sequences, they fail after partition and format on the apply operating system task.  The error is 0x080004005 which i know you are going to say is generic, but the smssts.log on the machine is not showing the failure.  I am attaching one from the computer I was

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.