• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Removing old device from SCCM console.

Phil Dyer
    By Phil Dyer,
    Hi all, Done alot of browsing and can't find an answer that seems to do what im after. Basically we are rebuilding our SCCM environment for the move to WIndows 10 (sigh). At the moment our existing console is a mess due to the ammount of rebuilds and refreshes our devices go through, creating duplicate client entries in the console mainly because when a device moves rooms within the building it gets rebuilt and renamed as part of the task sequence. I'm looking for a step that i ca

Bitlocker to AD

Nemanja Jovic
    By Nemanja Jovic,
    Hello everyone, I have the client that wants to do something specific with bitlocker and its pins, but that is beyond of this topic. Issues is: When you create a step in task sequence to set up the bitlocker, if you choose TPM and PIN, you will be able to backup the recovery key into Active Directory. But, if you try to do the same  via command line on the client, you will get the error: The key protector specified cannot be used for this operation. Somebody have a clue how t

Build and Capture

KeithDib
    By KeithDib,
    Guys   I am trying to run a 'Build and Capture' on Windows 10 1709.. All works fine until the Capture Operating System [obviously last in the list] section of the Task Sequence.. when this runs the target machine [tried physical and a VM with same issue] has lost its NIC driver, so it connot write the WIM to the network share   Has anybody seen this before?   OS's...   Target build is Windows 10 1709 Enterprise SCCM is 1710 on Windows Server

CRL Checking and risks with disabling it

glen8
    By glen8,
    Hi Everyone, We are managing clients on the LAN, DMZ (Domain joined and workgroup) and Internet.  Currently everything is running over SSL and we have only enabled the correct ports for SCCM between our DMZ and LAN. There is one niggle though.  Currently there is only one root CA server with no subordinates.  Obviously this server is not accessible from outside of the LAN.  Due to this, CRL checking has been disabled for clients and 443 IIS management sites on both the primary sccm ser

Build failures on SCCM 1710

Config Mangler
    By Config Mangler,
    We are experiencing build failures in maybe 10-15% of cases since SCCM 1710 upgrade. OSD initiated from the SCCM client can lead to a failure on reboot into WinPE where the computer goes into the WinRE recovery environment. If the computer is power cycled it will continue the build. This is happening on three different types of hardware. I can get to a command prompt in WinRE so can provide logs though can't see anything in SMSTS log. It's the same issue as reported here but

Workgroup client is in unknown location

glen8
    By glen8,
    Hi all, I have built a site server in the DMZ running (MP, DP, SUP) which uses an RODC and is for deploying software updates to both internet clients and clients within the DMZ. There are two additional servers in the DMZ.  One is domain joined and is working great, the second is on a workgroup.  I have created and deployed workgroup certificates and everything seemed to go ok. I installed the sccm client on the workgroup server using these switches: ccmsetup ccmhostname:extserver

Client assignment issue

Munzi
    By Munzi,
    Im hoping someone can point me the the right direction   I am in the process of doing a side by side migration from 2012 to Current Branch . I am in the testing phase. I setup the new CB and pushed the client to a machine I have on a subnet that was removed from the 2012 environment . The client installs but I noticed in the client properties it still gets the old MP , I get the correct new SITE Code . One other thing I noticed is in the registry I see GPRequestedSiteAssignmentCode kee

Choosing upgrade path

Jorin
    By Jorin,
    Hello, I would like to have a little advice about upgrading path..  (we want to start using windows 10 1709) Currently sccm2012r2 sp1 5.00.8239.1000 on a Windows server 2012r2. 2 DC's in our domain also windows server 2012r2. Should I upgrade to sccm 1710 or should I build a new server with windows server 2016 and purchase sccm 2016?  Thanks, Jorin

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.