• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

How can I use Updates and Servicing in Offline mode in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction In an earlier post you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you learned about configuring discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works.   In this guide you'll learn about a new method for updating ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new feature called Updates and Servicing.   Note: This is an early release of this new technology so is quite likely t

All Windows 7 Systems Query not working

Drekko
    By Drekko,
    Hey guys   I have created 3 queries:   Discover All Systems with Windows 10 installed Discover All Systems with Windows 8 installed Discover All systems with Windows 7 installed   The first query I made from scratch was the Windows 10 query and I imported that query for Windows 8 and 7 and just changed the Criterion Properites Value to %Windows 7%   The Windows 10 and 8 queries are working fine, so I dont understand why the windows 7 query will not pick up any Windows 7 machines   T

XP Clients

Kevin79
    By Kevin79,
    I want to upgrade to the new SCCM version but have some XP clients still that get SCEP updates from SCCM. The XP clients don't have internet access so I can't have them go directly to the internet. What is the best way to manage SCEP updates on those clients since the new version of SCCM doesn't support XP.

Windows 10 Now Active on over 200 Million Devices

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Welcome to 2016! In the year ahead, we’re excited to bring you more Windows innovations, more incredible devices, and great new Windows apps and games that will deliver more productivity and entertainment experiences across the broadest range of devices.   As we start the new year, I want to provide an update on Windows 10 and Windows 10 devices. We continue to be excited – and humbled – by the incredible response to Windows 10. First, a few updates on how we’re tracking toward our goal of see

How can I configure boundaries in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction In an earlier post you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you learned about configuring discovery. In this post you’ll take a look at configuring Boundaries to understand how automatic site assignment and content location works. What is a Boundary ? In System Center Configuration Manager, a boundary is a network location on the intranet that can contain one or more devices that you want to manage. Boundaries can be based on any of the following and

SCCM vNext 1511 SQL Error - Invalid object name 'sys.availability_replicas'.

pembertj
    By pembertj,
    Update went pretty smoothly for us, but I am seeing this error pop up many times in the logs and haven't found much online... any ideas? Component: SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 208, severity 16: [42S02][208][Microsoft] [sql Server]Invalid object name 'sys.availability_replicas'. Please refer to your Configuration Manager documentation, SQL Server documentation, or the Microsoft Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting information. Thanks

New Insider build for Windows 10 Available - Build 11082

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft have released yet another Windows 10 build to insiders, details below     With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is focused on product improvements based on the feedback we’re hearing on the November update to Windows 10. This includes the changes that have also been going out as cumulative updates through Windows Update on your PCs running the Windows 10 November Update as well as on phones running Windows 10 too. We’re

How can I configure discovery for System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction In an earlier post you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch). In this post you will learn about configuring discovery. Planning for discovery in ConfigMgr is an important step while configuring your sites and hierarchies. You need to discover objects in locations that you select and these discovered resources are what you want to manage (devices/users). These discovered resources can be targeted with software and/or get the ConfigMgr client agent installed

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.