• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Howto copy from lab/test to production environment?

Siroj
    By Siroj,
    At this moment we are in the process of creating a new Windows 10 image and all related stuff (TS, apps, etc) in our lab/test environment. This lab env is running SCCM Current Branch (1511). Our production env is running 2012 R2 and we are preparing and planning to upgrade this production env to the same level as our lab env. Both env are separate hierarchies with different site codes, but are member of the same domain and have full network connection. Data source of both env is stored on a cent

Cannot dowload Windows 7 Updates on SCCM 2012r2

Padstar
    By Padstar,
    Hi I have installed SCCM 2012 r2 as a Standalone primary site running the Site server on Win2012 and the SQL DB on a separate 2012VM. I have the site server setup with the following roles:   Application Catalogue Service point Application catalogue website point Component server Distribution server Endpoint Protection point Management Point Site Server System Server Software update point   I also have WSUS installed on the same VM.   The problem I am facing is when I try to downlo

Support for IE versions prior to IE 11 dropped as of January 12th

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer versions prior to IE11 as of January 12th 2016 as detailed here.     That page contains a faq explaining what versions are supported (IE11 !) and how to move to it. In addition, it covers Enterprise mode (the ability to use and render websites designed for older versions of IE in IE11).   The moral of the story, use a supported Microsoft browser (IE11 or Edge) or use a competitors product (FireFox or Chrome)   cheers niall

No more security updates for Windows 8.0 from January 12th - time to upgrade !

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft have stopped releasing Security updates and patches for Windows 8.0, so if you are using that platform it's time to upgrade it to at least 8.1 or Windows 10.     To get details about this support see the following statement on their Lifecycle page here   https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/lifecycle-windows81-faq   I've bolded the relevant text     cheers niall

Microsoft Visual C++ Redist (x86) 12.0.3051 installation removed SCCM client dependency

App33
    By App33,
    Hello,   One of our deployment had an installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x86) 12.0.3051 as a part of task sequence. After upgrading to SP1511, each fresh installation from this task sequence ended up in error and caused the SCCM client to hang. For some reason vcredist 12.0.3051 (x86) installation removes Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable version (x86) 12.0.21005.1 that is prerequisite for SCCM client version 5.00.8325.100 to function.   There seems to be some disc

Setup Windows and ConfigMgr Step Hangs after v1511 upgrade

pembertj
    By pembertj,
    Upgraded to v1511 in late December and recently tried to re-capture a base image (Windows 10). I found that the base image will capture ok (all applications, Software Updates, etc install just fine) and the WIM is captured with no issues. If I take that base image and try to use it during site-wide OSD it will hang for a long time on the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr Step and will then completely freeze on the first application install that we have during the Windows Phase. These task sequences

How do I use Updates and Servicing in Online mode with System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction At the start of this series you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you learned about configuring discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you configured ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in Offline mode. In this post you'll s

Set Correct Local Time [Zone] in WinPE

Phylum
    By Phylum,
    Consider the following: The BIOS date & time are correct Date & time remain correct up until the Task Sequence selection screen Once a Task Sequence is selected, the date & time are updated to the built-in WinPE timezone, thus making it the incorrect time. Is this normal and expected behavior?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.