• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

"Disable this task sequence on computers where it is deployed" option

tale
    By tale,
    Under the 'Advanced' tab on a task sequence, I've noticed the option "Disable this task sequence on computers where it is deployed."   As I can't seem to find any details about that option other then the fact it exists, I'm curious as to how System Center detects this and then disables the task sequence for the device?   Is there a way to clear it for a computer that is needing to be re-imaged after?

Windows 10 insider preview 14279 released

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Yet another Windows Insider build has been released, this time it's build 14279.     Here’s what’s new in Build 14279Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil) or French (Canada) languages! If you’re running the Windows 10 Insider Preview in these languages – give Cortana a try and let us know what you think. For each new market and language, the Cortana Team works to develop a custom experience that is relevant in each

ConfiMgr 2012 R2 > ConfigMgr CB Package Migration drops Windows 10 (64bit) Requirement Setting

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   Just happened to notice that on all my 2012R2 packages, the "Requirements" tab on the Program seems to have not migrated the "All Windows 10 (64-bit)" setting. (I guess I can't say all but I'm through the 1st 10 packages and none of them have this checked as is on the source package.       Anyone else notice this or is this a known bug?

Migrate clients from ConfigMgr2012R2 to Current Branch

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   We are moving from 2012R2 to CB and I'd like to verify the following in regards to migrating the clients over to the new system.   We have 2 boundary groups configured for the geographical location of the clients which may cause a problem as the groups will overlap and there isn't really a way so segregate them out. The old system is published in AD and the new one is not.   The biggest divide in our clients regarding migration are workstations and servers. We plan to do workstati

Applications - Best Practices

rbisset
    By rbisset,
    Hi All,   I'm pretty new to ConfigMgr and I'm just wondering how you guys handle updated applications. For example if there is a new version of say, Chrome. How do you handle that? Pretty much all of my deployments are Available as we are using Software Centre as a self service portal.   Thanks, Rob

Boot Image and SCCM Client Not Updated During SCCM 1511 Upgrade

FazzaGBR
    By FazzaGBR,
    I've upgraded our aging SCCM 2012 R2 server to SCCM 1511 and got loads of ticks on completion so assumed everything was all OK.   On checking to see if the boot images were updated the x86 one has been updated but the x64 one hasnt and that's the one we always use!   Also the USMT has been upgraded to the Windows 10 version but the client is still the old version.   Any ideas how I can manually update them please?

Trying UDI with CM1511

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Hi all,   I'm trying to create a UDI task sequence. I've run the Windows-noob step by step and all attempts to make this works failed.   The first attempt was, as is, the step by step that Niall posted in this forum. I did change a couple of pages but that's it - nothing special and I didn't delete any pages. When I start the TS, the wizard keeps me in this page asking for USB or network share to make a backup. I'm not sure why.         The second attempt was more extreme. I removed a

ConfigMgr and VDI?

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Hi Guys,   I'm trying to understand the possible scenarios that you can have with CM and one of the scenarios that I can't test it's with VDI.   I understand that if you have a VDI environment, and if you have CM, you can simple deploy a bunch of applications to the VDI's very quickly. Just like physical environments.   You can also have some App-V's packages and make them available to the application catalog and let users decide what they want. But the VDI can be refresh, meaning that

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.