• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Windows 10 insider preview build 14267 released

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    downloading now !     We introduced the new Release Preview ring last week which is for Windows Insiders who want to stay on the Current Branch (currently builds based off of Build 10586), but continue to receive early access to updates, application updates, and driver updates. This is a great option for people who want to get updates early but not go all the way to installing full preview builds. Because the Release Preview ring offers updates to the Current Branch, it is only visible to d

How to upgrade SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to SCCM 1511 and MDT 2013?

hlee
    By hlee,
    Here's my current setup:   SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 with MDT 2013 and ADK 8.1, using UDI for task sequence. I would like to upgrade to SCCM 1511 with MDT 2013 Update 2, with ADK 10. In what sequence should I go to achieve this?   1. Uninstall ADK 8.1 and install ADK 10? 2. Install SCCM 1511 in-place upgrade 3. Install MDT 2013 Update 2? 4. Recreate Task Sequence with MDT 2013 Update 2, UDT task sequences?   Thanks!

Distribution Point site role not creating SSL site binding in IIS

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   Running into an issue with a newly deployed DP. It seems when the role is installed, its not adding the SSL bindings in IIS. I found one other report of this (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ccea8475-09b4-4d59-8cbd-11e8e41debe7/distribution-point-site-role-not-creating-ssl-site-binding-in-iis?forum=configmanagergeneral). Unfortunately it looks like for this person some registry entries and adding the https binding fixed the issue.   I'm not sure what regedits migh

Problem accesing Installation Package from some clients

Ruben Garcia
    By Ruben Garcia,
    Hi. During a OSD deployment with SCCM 2012 R2 the task sequence end with a 80070002 error (The system cannot find the file specified). Digging into the smsts.log of the client I found the reason: http://dp_server/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/OS_IMAGEis showing the error "socket connect failed". If I try to open this site through IE from a client it shows the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". If I try to open the same site from the DP through IE it opens with no problem. I

reference image - Windows 7 x64

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Hi all   I just create successfully a reference image. The image was captured using the task sequence "build and capture". During the running of this TS I have added a couple of applications (nothing special).   Later I try to use this image but for some reason, at some point, the task sequence just hangs in the client manager. The agent was already installed and now is trying to start... SMSTS.log doesn't show much but after troubleshooting some online, I saw a couple of people with the sam

Moving SQL

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Hi all,   I've my lab setup running under two servers (SCCM server and SQL server). I did this to keep the environment as equal as other environments where I work with.   However, I need more space (hdd) and maybe this will also help me to gain some performance. I want to install the a new instance of SQL in the SCCM Server. Is this as simply as it should or it's a big challenge?!   Steps that I think are necessary:   - install same SQL version in SCCM server, same collation, reporting

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft released build 14257 yesterday to Windows Insiders on the fast ring, and here's some info about that     more > https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/02/03/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257/

Cannot connect to the Application Server (Application Catalog)

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   Have built a new configmgr cb system and I'm running into issues with the application catalog.   Server 2012R2 & ConfigMgr Current Branch and we use SSL for all communications (except SUP>WSUS uses HTTP)   With the new configmgr, the application catalog as mostly gone away as user targeted apps will now show up in the Software Center. I tested deploying a package to a test user but it never appeared in the SC. To see if it is getting deployed correctly, I clicked the link t

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.