• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

W10 Ent Upgrade to build 10586

Siroj
    By Siroj,
    We are running several Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 machines that were deployed using 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 without problems. Now i am running a few of those 10240 W10 machines in a test environment where i have a sccm version 1511 server. What i want to test is the process of upgrading W10 10240 to 10586 (v1511). If i understand it correctly using the "latest and greatest" version of SCCM, i should be able to directly upgrade to 10586 without using task sequence and/or reinstall just like insta

System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch doesn't check for hotfix if running on Server 2012 R2

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    hi guys, please take a moment to read this uservoice, I can see a lot of people gettng problems due to this requirement and it's not checked for currently - if you vote for this then it's likely that Microsoft will fix it:-   https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/10997490-modify-the-configuration-manager-prerequisites-che   thanks !   cheers niall

guide to migrate from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to SCCM 1511

airka
    By airka,
    Hello,   I'm looking for a guide to migrate from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to SCCM 1511. SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 is installed on Win 2008 R2 and the database is on SQL 2008 R2 too. I want to have SCCM 1511 installed on a new Win 2012 R2 server with the database on SQL 2014. How to proceed ?

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction Microsoft have been hard at work developing the next version of Configuration Manager (after System Center 2012 Configuration Manager). Up until now they've released a bunch of Technical Previews and today they've announced the General Availability of the RTM release, along with it's official name: System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (version 1511). The version used in the product name specifies the YY/MM (year/month) that it was released.   Note: There is

USMT - Calculate how much data will be backed up and inform user before process starts?

dverbern
    By dverbern,
    We have configured a "Refresh" OSD deployment, kicked off by users from Software Centre, that uses USMT to backup user data. Our company policies are quite liberal and back up potentially large amounts of user data, which can take some time.   Does anyone know if there is a script or tool that we might be able to use to inform users, prior to kicking off the OSD Refresh process of just how much data will be captured in terms of file numbers of amount of Gigabytes? It would give users a choic

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection Technical Preview 4

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction Microsoft have been hard at work developing the next release of Configuration Manager, and you can test the 4th iteration of it now, called System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection Technical Preview 4. This post will guide you through installing it from scratch using some automation via scripts.   New Features New features in this technical preview include: Mobile Device management (MDM): enhanced feature parity with Intune standalone – With this technical pr

First Major Update for Windows 10 Available Today - Windows 10 version 1511

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    If you logon to MSDN or the Microsoft Volume License websites you'll see some new downloads available for Windows 10, namely: Windows 10 (Multiple Editions), Version 1511 New! Windows 10 Education, Version 1511 New! Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1511 New! Windows 10 Features on Demand, Version 1511 New! These downloads are for the Threshold 2 release of Windows 10, now called Version 1511 (using the following convention YY//MM). Full details about what these new releases contain ar

New Windows 10 Threshold 2 build released - build 10586

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    here's a list of known issues that can impact users: After upgrading from one Windows 10 Insider Preview build to another Insider Preview build, Skype messages and contacts will disappear from the Messaging + Skype app. You can get Skype messages and contacts back by navigating to “C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_ 8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache” in File Explorer and deleting or renaming the “PrivateTransportId” file. After deleting or renaming that file, go to th

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.