• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Windows 10 overtakes Windows 8.1 usage finally

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    According to statcounter.com Windows 10 has overtaken Windows 8.1 usage cross the world.     from the graph above it looks like this occurred last December. Interesting to note is that Windows 7 tops the usage at approx 46%. Based on this graph it looks like Windows 10 still has an uphill battle before it becomes the dominant Operating System   more info > http://gs.statcounter.com/#desktop-os-ww-monthly-201506-201601    

How to recover a ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 site using a restored db

keywan
    By keywan,
    Hi guys, I want to recover my sccm2012 R2 SP1 on an new machine. I run the splash.exe and select "recover site" and choose the option "use a site database that has been manually restored". Because I have restored my site database man manually to the new SQL server. But how can I restore my site server? if I use this option "use a site database that has been manually restored" where and how can I use and put the path of my existing backup of the site server?     BR . Nick

Clients automatically updating

Kevin79
    By Kevin79,
    My clients are automatically updating or rebooting even though I don't have anything checked under Client Upgrade. Why would this be happening?

SMS_PROVIDERS in Configuration Manager Service Manager

Kevin79
    By Kevin79,
    The service SMS_PRODIVERS in Configuration Manager Service Manager is showing as unknown. When I try to query the service I get "Error communicating with component". I upgraded from 2012 R2 SP1 to Configuration Manager Current Branch. How do I fix this? Will it cause any issues?

SCCM 1511 DRIVER MIGRATION FAILS

crossan007
    By crossan007,
    Cross Post from https://www.ccrossan.com/sccm/sccm-1511-driver-migration-fails/ While migrating drivers from SCCM 2012 to SCCM 1511, the migration can fail with the following error message: Couldn't find the specified instance SMS_CategoryInstance.CategoryInstance_UniqueID='DriverCategories: This occurs given the following scenario: A driver is added to SCCM A category is assigned to the driver The category is deleted from the driver The migration job attempts to migrate the driver to a n

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for mobile had a different OS version than the codebase for PC because they were developed by different teams on different schedules. With Windows 10, we became one Windows team and brought these two codebases together. We started by changing the version string displayed in the UI to be consistent, which is why you saw similarly labeled builds over the past year for both

How can I configure client settings and install the ConfigMgr client agent in System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of these

Windows 10 Enterprise - Upgrade from 10240 to 10586

SCCMefied
    By SCCMefied,
    Hello   I have a strange issue that I hope people can help me With. I'm using SCCM to push out the 10586 update   I have 4 Windows 10 enterprice 10240 machines With all updates Applied. When I try to update my machine the following error comes   The software change returned error code 0x8007007E.(-2147024770).   The download of the update worked fine and everything looks ok before I start. The update is available in Software Center and downloads the update to the Client. The Updates

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.