• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Automatic distribution of Software Updates Packages

Frylling
    By Frylling,
    Hi   We have a major issue with automatic distribution of our SUP's. Every night at 1:00 we synchronize our WSUS wth MS, and after it have synchronized, it deletes expired updates and deletes orphaned updates from several SUP's. As soon as it has deleted the updates in the SUP's, ConfigMgr starts to distribute the packages to all of our DP's (we have 142 DP's all over the world with service windows (no data from SCCM during working hours) og very poor bandwidth. Some of our SUP's are very big

Stored Procedure Error on v1602

pembertj
    By pembertj,
    Running into this error on v1602 ever since I upgraded...not really finding any info at all online...   Anyone know of logs in SCCM/SQL for stored procedures?   Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 512, severity 16: [21000][512][Microsoft] [sql Server]Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. :EAS_InsertOrUpdateProperty

SCCM 1511 Deployment Packages and Permissions Problem

paulprindle
    By paulprindle,
    I have recently installed SCCM 1511 for a client. Everything is working as expected with the exception of Deployment Packages failing to distribute to the 2 DP's.   All other content that has been created from boot images to WIM files to Adobe applications distribute just fine. Content is stored on the local host.   The environment consists of 1 PRI server and 2 DP's all in the same physical location and all VM's running Server 2012 R2.   The Distmgr.log is attached.   I have discovered

Now Available: Update 1602 for System Center Configuration Manager (current branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of these two modes:

PreStart Command - ZTI

HotdogSCCM
    By HotdogSCCM,
    Howdy hoo!   Here's what I'm working with:   SCCM 1511 Windows 7->Windows 10 In Place, Zero Touch Task Sequence. Cisco ISE for network authentication.   For "normal" Windows 10 builds, thumb drive/PXE builds for bare metal, I have a lovely little batch file that does:   copy CERT1.cer X:\OhioBWC-CA.cer /y copy CERT2.PFX x:\BWCCert.pfx /y copy Ethernet.xml x:\Ethernet.xml copy InstallCertsSilently.vbs x:\InstallCertsSilently.vbs copy InstallCerts.bat x:\InstallCerts.bat cmd /c cscrip

HELP! - Client Installation Step Lasts Long Time and Eventually Fails in OSD / Never Finds Site

BzowK
    By BzowK,
    Good Morning All / Niall - I'm setting up a Windows 7 x64 Pro OSD TS in a new 1511 environment and am stuck on something. I'm set up numerous OSD TS's before, but this is my first with 1511. Everything goes well until it gets to the step where the client is installed & configured where it stays there for probably 10-15 minutes. Eventually, it reboots then goes to the next step which still shows a message about the client on the 2nd progress bar then fails. When I log into Window

Computers w/o Client Appear in All Desktop and Server Clients Collection

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   So I have 6 devices without clients in the default "All Desktop and Server Clients" Collection. If I run the query the collection is based on, I only get the machines with client installed.       (I've removed the computers w/clients from the screenshot)     Seems pretty hard to mess this collection up. Wondering if anyone has noticed this or if its another bug?   Thanks

Cleaning up old content / removing from distribution points

SanjuNana
    By SanjuNana,
    I need to clean up some old/outdated content and had a few questions on best practices.   Right now I'm working on Software Updates and their Deployment Packages. Our normal monthly procedure creates a Software Update Group with required updates, as well as a Deployment Package. So for 2015, we have 12 Software Update Groups and 12 associated Deployment Packages. I'm currently rolling all of the 2015 updates into one Group and one Deployment Package, and need to remove not only all of the D

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.