• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Multi-Step Application Install

Kops
    By Kops,
    Hey everyone,   I'm looking for some help on how I can install an application that requires multiple configuration steps. I'd like to:   - Install a .MSI application - Run a Powershell script to create/edit some shortcuts created by the .MSI   If the Application is removed, I'd like it to:   - Run a Powershell script to remove and cleanup the shortcuts - Uninstall the .MSI   I thought about using Dependencies, but I think that would be kind of backwards. I would have to create an A

Build and Capture Windows 10 in sccm (Current Branch)???

A55imilat0r
    By A55imilat0r,
    I can't seem to find a clear noob process to Build and Capture Windows 10 in sccm (Current Branch)???   Is one on the way ? I've tried the win7 sccm 2012 process but it fails after Prepare Configuration Manager Client step and just loads into the os without capturing it.  

Windows 10 critical updates

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   Does somebody know if it is possible to deploy critical updates as with windows 7 ? I cannot find any stuff about this I think it is replaced by the Servicing Plans ... But, from my point of view Microsoft releases new build only once per a month, am I right ? So if there is critcal vulnerabilities in the system how can they be managed ?   BR Sypa.

Problem upgrading from 1511 to 1602 – stuck Checking Prerequisites

wanderer
    By wanderer,
    I installed 1511 on Windows Server 2012 R2 with SQL 2014 on the same server. All working OK. I noticed that the update to 1602 was showing in “Updates and Servicing” so started the Pre-req check. It never finishes, nothing is written to the c:\ ConfigMgrPrereq.log or to the cmupdate.log. Things I’ve tried, running the console as administrator – no difference. Using the serviceconnectiontool in offline mode to download and import the update – no difference. Leaving it over-night, no differe

Query about DP migration

michaelhbt
    By michaelhbt,
    Hi, just had a horrible experience attempting to upgrade from SCCM2012R2 to 1511CB due to a number of reasons (DRS, Cert expiries, database versions, content corruption, permission changes etc) Our current environment is a CAS (1) - [10gb] - PRI (1) - [1mb] - Sec (5); I know this is wrong! I was considering moving to PRI - [1mb] - SEC (so we can control traffic, as its a single 1mb link for 30-40 people) What I cannot seem to find out is if you can do a migration without all the content (abo

Export hardware inventory using powershell

MichaelDK
    By MichaelDK,
    Hey   How do I export hardware inventory of a given device? (CB) - Using Powershell.   Thanks in advance   MichaelDK

How can I use servicing plans in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) to upgrade Windows 10 devices ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of th

Windows 10 1511 is now a Current Branch for Business (CBB) release, what does that mean for you ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 version 1511 has been officially declared as Current Branch for Business.   Michael Niehaus stated:-   "each new Windows 10 feature update is initially considered a Current Branch (CB) release, to be used by organizations for initial pilot deployments. The feature update will later be declared as Current Branch for Business (CBB), once we have received feedback and confirmation from organizations, OEMs, and partners, confirming that the feature update

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.