• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Image Fails at Preparing Network Connection

nester
    By nester,
    I been trying (and trying) to figure out why I can't image to any of our Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF. It gets to Preparing Network Connections then just restarts. I am a bit of a noob and have tried searching for an answer. I found a couple of posts in forums stating it would be a driver issue. They were years old and I never saw a post that actually said what they did to fix it. I have tried importing the recommended WinPE driver from Dell. I have also tried the driver from Intel. I have also recre

ConfigMgr CB with Intune (doubts)

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Hi all,   To anyone that has more knowledge about Intune with ConfigMgr (Hybrid Solution).   I manage to install Intune and enroll my iPhone. I deploy 2 apps and it works fine. Then I tried to add my Windows 10 Enterprise (TP) client to the MDM. And here it's where I start to have some doubts.   - I cannot enroll my Windows device, if it has already been added to ConfigMgr? Correct? - I manage to install the company portal and also to add my intune account into this device. But I can't se

Microsoft Intune subscription

Pavan Kumar
    By Pavan Kumar,
    I need to setup Microsot intune contains 1 CAS and 2 Primary sites. Do i need to do microsoft subscription on CAS or Primary site.   Thanks

The content version for Software Update deployed using SCCM is usually 1. Will it ever be anything else? if yes, when?

hunkabhicupid
    By hunkabhicupid,
    Whenever a software update is deployed to a client. I can see that the content version (root\ccm\ContentTransferManager's CCM_CTM_job) is 1.   Will it ever be more than 1. If yes, when?   I understand it is different from Software Update Deployment Package Source version which can change for many reasons like adding / deleting an update from the Deployment package etc.

Windows Insider preview 14352 is released

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has released yet another Windows Insider Preview release, this time it's 14352     more info > https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/26/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14352/

How can I display custom messages in a task sequence using PowerShell in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of th

Re-run migration job - no new objects get migrated

spgsitsupport
    By spgsitsupport,
    I made Migration job from 2012 R2 to CB The job is to do data gathering every 4 hours (which it does OK) & on first job run it did the correct migration (minus the bits that failed, which is OK)   Then after few days of still using 2012 R2 (and having few new objects created - collections, applications etc), I re-run the migration job.   But NOTHING that was new in 2012 R2 did get migrated across   migmctrl.log does not reveal anything   I have the option ticked: Do not migrate upd

Client installation fails during TS on VM

Phred
    By Phred,
    Hello all -   Here is a weird problem. After an OS update, I can no longer use my 32bit WIM to reimage my test VM. The same image and TS works fine on a physical machine. The OS installs fine. The TS fails when trying to install the SCCM client. I can run the SCCM client manually after the TS fails.   the ccmsetup.log file says: --- MSI: There is not enough available disk space on C: to complete this operation. Installation requires at least 90MB free disk space. ccmsetup 5/25/2016 8

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.