• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

1602 Woes

sysadmin101
    By sysadmin101,
    Hi!   I upgraded my environment from 1511 to 1602. After upgrading, application deployment during OS deployment is broken with these error: The operating system reported error 615: The password provided is too short to meet the policy of your user account. Please choose a longer password.   Supposedly there is a fix for that at http://scug.be/sccm/2013/01/27/configmgr-2012-sp1-powershell-script-to-repair-broken-applications-after-upgrading-them-from-rtm/but the site is down for me     A

How can I use Windows 10 Servicing when a language pack is installed using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of these

Lenovo ThinInstaller during OSD Task Sequence

jo_in_paris
    By jo_in_paris,
    Hi all,   Maybe someone has some knowledge on this topic and could help find a solution to my problem :   - We have various models of Lenovo computers in my company, and we want to install all needed drivers and applications from Lenovo Update Retriever using ThinInstaller. - I got it working fine using a separated Task Sequence deployed to a collection that I can run from Software Center. So running it in Windows when logges in is working just perfectly. - Now I would like to integrate th

Local SQL Install?

TrialandError
    By TrialandError,
    I am preparing to migrate from an over specced 2012 R2 hierarchy to a Stand alone primary running 1602 and wanted to get some opinions\feedback from the community before I finalized anything. I am undecided on whether or not to install sql on its own server or just install it on the site server. I know best practices used to be to install sql and config manager on the same server but wasn't sure if that was still the case.

System Center Endpoint Protection

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   I have a quetion regarding SCEP : Why some machines have a version lke 4.8.204.0 whereas some other machines can already be at version : 4.9.218.0 . I used the client push method to install SCEP, so all my machines should have SCEP at the same version right ?

OOB Role Unavailable

sysadmin101
    By sysadmin101,
    I have a CAS+PRI SCCM environment. I'm trying to integrate Intel SCS into the environment to manage Intel AMT devices. When I go into 'add site system role' for either CAS or PRI server, the 'Out of band service point' role just doesn't appear as a role that can be installed. I do not already have this role installed for my environment.   Am I missing something? How can I install 'Out of band service point' into my environment? Thank you.

SCCM1602: Driver import issues

TigerEnte
    By TigerEnte,
    Hi all,   I was registered yet but this site really helped me so much in the last years, so I hope I can help others here. But I really have a weird problem: We are running SCCM1602 on a Win2k8R2. I wasn't able to add Win10 drivers so I finally found I have to install two hotfixes ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3025419 ) Since I've installed the hotfixes I was able to add the W10 drivers but unable to distribute them. distmgr.log   MoveFileW failed for E:\SCCMContentLib\FileLib

Problems with Client updates after upgrade from SCCM 2012R2 to Current Branch (1602)

steve.hornaday@oregon.gov
    By steve.hornaday@oregon.gov,
    I have a single site server that was running 2012 R2 SP1 that I recently upgraded to the 1511 build, then used the in-console upgrade to bring up to the 1602 build. When I performed the upgrade to 1602 I chose to validate the client in a pre-production collection. The client upgrade worked fine and my test systems showed that they had the 5.00.8355.1000 client installed. The "Client Upgrade" tab from the "Hierarchy Settings" properties showed the Production Client version as 5.00.8325.100 and

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.