• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Task Sequence Fail: Intel AMT

bowlen
    By bowlen,
    Hi Guys, I'm running a task sequence which was setup by Intel SCS and it's failing on me. The SMSTS logs are below. Any ideas?       <![LOG[==========[ TsProgressUI started in process 1544 ]==========]LOG]!><time="16:24:40.414-480" date="07-13-2016" component="TsProgressUI" context="" type="1" thread="3620" file="winmain.cpp:330"> <![LOG[Registering COM classes]LOG]!><time="16:24:40.414-480" date="07-13-2016" component="TsProgressUI" context="" type="1" thread="3620"

SMP Site Component Fails to Install

sponz
    By sponz,
    I have a new SCCM 1602 server. I created another server, 2012 R2 server and had it install the SMP point. It starts the install process, drops all the files on the proper drive. However, it comes back and fails saying On 07/11/16 23:22:30, component SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER on computer server.domain.COM reported: Site Component Manager failed to install this component on this site system. Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Compo

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few hundred bug fixes we wanted to get out to Insiders as quickly as possible to help validate scenarios to make sure we are together building the best possible product. Improvements and fixes for PC You should no longer see a notification pop-up once a day saying that your Wind

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has announced the next major update to Windows 10 – the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – is coming on August 2.   This new release of Windows 10 includes features that bring Windows Ink and Cortana to the mainstream; a faster, more accessible and more power-efficient Microsoft Edge browser; advanced security features for consumers and enterprises; new gaming experiences and new tools for the modern classroom. Everyone running Windows 10 will get these new features for free.   mor

Can you upgrade to SCCM 1511 or/and 1602 with a SCCM2012 lisens ?

JohnDO
    By JohnDO,
    Can you upgrade to SCCM 1511 or/and 1602 with a SCCM2012 lisens ?

Issues Customizing/Deploying Windows 10

Kops
    By Kops,
    Hey everyone,   We recently built a new SCCM 1602 site to replace our aging SCCM 2012 server and migrated all clients/resources. Everything went pretty smooth . We have now received a new batch of Lenovo X1 Yoga laptops and have decided to do a Windows 10 pilot/rollout along with this. A colleague is looking into the backend Windows 10 requirements (some new group policies and a few other things) and I am to prepare SCCM for Windows 10 deployments.   I approached this the same way I appro

Windows Insider preview 14383 is released

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has released yet another Windows Insider preview release, in the line up to the Anniversary Update which should be coming out soon...   This time it's Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14383     Improvements and fixes for PCThe link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions. We have changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C ba

SCCM Current Branch Questions

fad632
    By fad632,
    Hi All, I've used this forum many times in the past and found all the answers I've needed, but I have some questions regarding 1511 and 1602 of SCCM, which hopefully you can help with.   At present our organisation has around 3000 machines which have been built and maintained via SCCM 2012 R2 SP1. All machines are Windows 7, with a couple of Windows 10 machines that I have built for testing purposes.   I began this role of looking after SCCM without any training and so my knowledge is not a

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.