• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

"File is encrypted, but no key was provided." trying to upgrade Win10 1511 to 1607 via CM CB 1606

hybrid
    By hybrid,
    We are experiencing an issue trying to install the 1607 Feature Update using a Windows 10 Servicing Plan in ConfigMgr CB (5.0.8412.1000). We have a simple single server SCCM infrastructure.   The required KB3159706 has been installed on the server, and the additional steps in "More information" at the bottom of that KB article have also been carried out. We've cleared the download of the Feature Update and downloaded it again after verifying the steps. Both the WSUS site and the Configuration

Windows 10 - 1511 weird loading screen.

teamfox201
    By teamfox201,
    Hello,   I am trying to deploy Windows 10 1511 to Dell hardware and I am seeing a weird square/rectangle instead of the spinning circles towards the end of the task sequence.   During the task sequence , I am pre-provisioning BitLocker, injecting drivers for the specific model, installing a handful of applications and MBAM 2.5 ( Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring ) , running Windows Updates and Enabling BitLocker .   I have attached an image of the loading screen we are seei

Can't deploy Windows 10 1607 through Windows 10 Servicing - systems compliant?

tompsmith
    By tompsmith,
    Hello,   i'm sorry if this has already been answered but i'm struggling to deploy Windows 10 (1607) to some Windows 10 (1511) machines from SCCM using Windows 10 servicing.   Current setup: SCCM version - 1606 Windows 10 - 1511 (English) Enterprise Edition   Within Windows 10 updates (under servicing) the feature update is listed in the console. I have created a service plan and when i run a preview the feature upgrade is listed (see screen). I have tried the feature upgrade with t

SCCM CB Installation - Domain Functional Level

prtkdv
    By prtkdv,
    Hi Is it possible to install SCCM CB on the domain with Windows 2003 Functional level, in though it is officially not supported?   Regards Pratik

Best Practice for Reference Images

Kops
    By Kops,
    Our organization recently bought some Lenovo X1 Yoga laptops and wanted them to be rolled out with Win10, so I've started to look at building Win10 images and have had tons of problems. I've worked through a bunch of them, but I'm having problems with the reference images.   I originally tried installing the OS on the laptop, booting into audit mode, running windows updates, created a couple local accounts, and capturing the image using SCCM's image capture media. If I deploy this via SCCM

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14905 for PC & Mobile

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has release Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14905 for PC AND Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring!   Improvements and fixes for PC fixed an issue causing a large blank space to appear between the address bar and web content after the address bar moves back to the top when opening a new tab in Microsoft Edge. updated Narrator Scan mode for table navigation to now support CTRL + ALT + HOME to go to the beginning of the table CTRL + ALT + END to go to the end of the table. M

WakeOnLAN in Current Branch

conorofarrell
    By conorofarrell,
    Hi   Has anyone attempted to implement Wake On LAN in Current Branch yet? So you need to install Intel SCS integration, but reading through the documentation there seems to be a lot of prerequisites and component options. So, I was wondering if anyone had any real world experiences about the installation/configuration of it.   Thanks Con

Collection for Physical Server

oloughran
    By oloughran,
    Hi Folks,   I'm looking to create a collection with a query rule to pull in only physical servers, has anyone done this before or got an experience in doing this and could possibly help me out?   Thanks Owen

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.