• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

PXE boot issue with 4011 port error

lmccormick1922
    By lmccormick1922,
    Hi all. Having issues with one specific PC model. Bought some used desktops for my lab as I'm somewhat new to SCCM and trying to learn it.   I am only having issues with the Lenovo ThinkCentre M57P - 6071-AB3. I have several thinkpad models and HP laptops that work just fine as well as VMware vSphere VMs that are working fine; just these desktops are throwing the " cannot contact port 4011" error.   I do not have DHCP options specified, which are what most articles seem to point to.   ther

Advice for rolling out SCCM for the first time

FubsyGamer
    By FubsyGamer,
    Hey guys, So I am rolling out SCCM and OSD. I am learning this totally from scratch, so it's kind of a long road. The tutorials and help guides in this forum have been a HUGE benefit, so let me thank you for that. My questions are more procedural at this point. I have SCCM set up, and I've followed every step in the SCCM 1511 deployment guides on the forum. I have my Windows 10 x64 image set up and have tested PXE booting, which works perfectly. So now...how do I go about this whole

Windows 10 version 1607 and Servicing Plans does not show me updates

keywan
    By keywan,
    Hi everbody,   my Servicing Plans do not show me all updates of Windows 10 version 1607. I see there only Updates of Windows 10 version 1511 and Feature update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607( all language). Any Idea why? I have changed the Title and Required, but no change. My Deployment Ring is CB.    

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14915 for PC and Mobile

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    It’s been a busy few weeks here in Redmond. Last week, we had engineering reviews where each team presented their plans for the next few months to make sure that the customer scenarios we want to deliver are all prioritized appropriately. It was great to see all of the Windows leaders in the same room and the energy and excitement about this release was obvious by some of the live-tweeting that went on during the week. You will see the results of the reviews in the builds that will be coming out

Set region settings

abhi1411
    By abhi1411,
    Hi All,   How can i set a formats under region settings to English(Belgium). I cant find code for this and I think it can be done by putting value for OSDUserLocale as collection variable.

Windows 10 Upgrade Task Sequence: Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   Getting ready to roll out our Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade task sequence which has been working great during our testing. However, since the recent upgrade to 1606, users in the pilot are getting the following message when they try to launch the upgrade via Software Center:     Looking at the logs, I found this SCClient log:   <![LOG[Call to ExecuteMethod failed, WMI MethodName "CCM_ProgramsManager", MethodClass "ExecuteProgram", called by (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.

Windows 10 Servicing - Updates corrupted?

dozi
    By dozi,
    Hello folks,   have you seen this behaivor? Seems like the titles of the updates are corrupted in a awkward way. Can i delete those updates manually?   Regards, dozi

Windows 10 1607 language pack problem

eMdzeJ
    By eMdzeJ,
    Hi I've big problem with language packs in win 10 1607. My company has several factories in 3 countries and in every factory are people from all this countries. We have several hot desking solutions so in every PC I need all language packs installed. With Windows 7 and 8.1 everything works ok. I installed all language packs in "create image" TS and after deployment, GPO set user interface to specific one. I have to disable LPRemove task in task scheduler to prevent deleting language pack

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.