• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

SCCM Query based on current Windows 10 CU

nathan_bird
    By nathan_bird,
    Hi All,   Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere (Numerous Google searches drew a blank too) but has anybody got a query for the Current CU Level of a Windows 10 build?   The version displayed in "winver"   I know I can do a search on the KB Article via Quick Fix Engineering in WMI but if a machine has multiple CU's installed it shows in more than one collection. I want individual collections based on the CU OS Build Number.   i.e 14393.105 (Windows 10 1607 with KB317493)   Any pointers

ccm client installation arguments and switches for Auto Client Upgrade?

Ariendg
    By Ariendg,
    I would like some more background information for the auto upgrade about https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg699356.aspx from my fellow ConfigMgr noobs     Situation: I have all my customer clients running ccmclient version 5.00.7804.1000 (ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 without having a site server) and want to choose the best solution bringing all clients up to date (to ConfiMgr 1606). SCCM (CB) is being implemented and all clients will connect/report to the site using AD discovery.   My f

How to add drivers when updating from 7 to 10 ?

sacaliabu
    By sacaliabu,
    HI, i have fallowed this post ( https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/13917-how-can-i-use-the-upgrade-task-sequence-in-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch/ )and managed to create an image to update windows 7 clients to windows 10. How can i add drivers to this task sequence ? fallowing the post above it shows me how to add a driver package to the image. But how about when you have different models to upgrade with different hardware ?   Do i create a "Download package cont

SCCM 1606 and Servicing Plans

keywan
    By keywan,
    Could I use the Servicing Plans to deploy or upgrade my Windows 7 to Winodows 10? because I see on my "All Windows Updates"   Upgrade to Windows Enterprise version 1511, 10586  

How to set default wallpaper and allow change by user

Siroj
    By Siroj,
    We are going to use SCCM to deploy Windows 10 v1607 to about 5000 devices. A script is written to detect the monitors resolution and copy a matching wallpaper to the device. What we want then is (preferably using GPO) to set this wallpaper as default to our users on first login and allow the user to change the wallpaper. We know we can set a fixed wallpaper using GPO, but that is not what we want/need in this case. If i use GPO Preferences to create the items Wallpaper and WallpaperStyle under

How to configure PXE Boot option for SCCM without DHCP bootp option (066+067)

shakha
    By shakha,
    We have legacy and UEFI clients. We are able to PXE boot either legacy BIOS or UEFI BIOS based clients but unable to PXE boot both at the same time . Currently SCCM is working with DHCP bootp options(066+067).         Our DHCP server and SCCM server are in same VLAN but clients are in different VlANS. For this purpose we have configured an IP helper on Cisco-3750 switch, pointing towards centeral DHCP server. On DHCP server we have configured bootp options ponting towards SCCM server.

Problem with an package distribution in ADR

skorte
    By skorte,
    Hello guys,   we have a problem with an Automatic Deployment Rule in our SCCM CB 1602 environment. This rule is for our Windows 10 Enterprise clients, but we get an error during distribution. This is what i found in distmgr.log:   Taking snapshot for content d4a4a539-2f4e-4bc2-8439-c4d4b2e7fd74 from source \\srv-sccm2012\WindowsUpdates\Windows 10\d4a4a539-2f4e-4bc2-8439-c4d4b2e7fd74 05.09.2016 13:59:40 22332 (0x573C) MoveFileW failed for C:\SCCMContentLib\FileLib\8776\87763AA678BF42F

Upgrade from SCCM 2012R2 to 1511 keeping same SQL instance

Gael
    By Gael,
    Dears,   I have "SCCM 12R2" running on Server "2008 R2" and my SQL 2014 running already on "2012 R2".   I have to do a side-by-side migration for SCCM, for sure.   My question is: Do something will happen to my current SQL instance? or Do I have to create a new one? or Is the migration for the instance automatic during the process of Side-by-side?   Thanks for your great help.     Gael

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.