• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Set computer name to Service Tag

sacaliabu
    By sacaliabu,
    I am trying to create a task sequence to deploy a windows 10 image, i would like to user the service tag as the computer name.   I have found this link http://blog.techygeekshomeSPAM!/2012/09/setting-computer-name-automatically-during-osd-process-sccmconfigmgr-2012/   but i dont understand the step before the "Gather". (Use toolkit package)   That step points to a MDT Tool Kit.   Any one knows what package is that or how to create it ?   Thank you.    

Servicing Plans not working.

jones.967
    By jones.967,
    Have SCCM fully updated to 5.00.8412.1205. Have current client distributed to my Windows 10 Current Branch collection. Systems in collection have Windows 10 1511 installed, fully patched. Followed the guide in this forum to create a new servicing plan for the Anniversary Update.   Everything seems to work up until the deployment tries to push the update down to the systems. In the Deployment Status it just says "Unknown Client check passed/Active".   I am not seeing anything in any of th

Cannot create device collections after upgrading from SCCM 2012 to current branch

JBudd
    By JBudd,
    Hello all, I recently upgraded my SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 server to the current branch. I started with 1511 and then ran the updates to get it to 1606. I wanted to create a device collection with all of the clients that needed to be upgraded. I fired up the creation wizzard and set my query up, when I click the finish button I get an error saying:   "Error: The SMS Provider reported an error. General • Collection Name: test • Comment: When I look at the SMSProv.log I see the following errors:

CONFIGURATION_MANAGER_UPDATE Service

OsamaAlaydi
    By OsamaAlaydi,
    Let me start from the beginning, SCCM in production state. no errors. I tried to update SCCM from 1511 to 1602 and got the Following errors in cmupdate.log and of course the installation failed.   sql object fn_convertendcodedbinarytohexstring is not found. It will be created. *** -- ~-- Name : fn_ConvertEndcodedBinaryToHexString ~-- Version : 5.0.8412.1006 ~-- Definition : CLRSqlObjs ~-- Scope : CAS_OR_PRIMARY_OR_SECONDARY ~-- Object : FN ~-- Dependencies : <D

Unable to restore - wrong version of setup files.

wanderer
    By wanderer,
    I need to do a restore of SCCM CB to test our backup. When I click on Install from the original install media I get a message that "The version of Configuration Manager on the media is older than the version that's installed on the computer."   I'm assuming that this is because the installation has upgraded itself twice, from 1511 to 1602 and then 1606.   Do I need to get hold of the new media from the MS volume licensing site or is there another way round this? (I don't have access to th

Issue while updating SCCM 1602 to 1606

abhi1411
    By abhi1411,
    Hi All, I was trying to upgrade my test SCCM 1602 environment to 1602. I have 1 CAS and three primary sites available. While doing upgrade from 1602 to 1606, on CAS and 2 primary sites content replication succeeded while on third primary site it stuck at replicating content from past 16 days. Nothing in logs, they were old logs (logs for 1511 to 1602) nothing is happening. Logs are attached.SCCM_Logs.zip

Automatic Client upgrade to servers

mtpcal922
    By mtpcal922,
    I’ve upgraded to 1602 and everything went well. This past weekend though all of the servers have upgraded their client to the latest version. I have “Do not upgrade servers” checked in the Client Upgrade tab in the Hierarchy Settings Properties and also have “servers” unchecked in the Client Push Installation Properties. Any ideas on where to check why the clients are upgrading?

Anniversary update (Win10 v1607) in WSUS but not in SUP

pembertj
    By pembertj,
    So the update was finally released on the 16th - I can see it in WSUS "Feature Update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607, en-us" but it isn't popping up anywhere in sccm "all software updates" or "all windows 10 updates" in windows 10 servicing. I have ran through the steps for KB3159706 (multiple times) and also KB3095113 is installed. The "upgrade" category is checked under SCCM Console --> Admin --> Site --> Configure Site Settings --> Software Update Point. Any ideas or sug

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.