• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Setting task sequence variables in sccm

ayadav1622
    By ayadav1622,
    I am looking for is in windows 10 In-place upgrade task sequence, a task sequence variable to be set that should check the language installed in current OS and if the language is not English, the task sequence should stop and do not continue further.   So far I am trying to understand, how does TS variable helps in identifying the OS Language in the current OS and based on the condition set It should proceed accordingly.   I have created an windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence and added

Cannot see Win10 1511 Clients in All Systems Collection

krdell
    By krdell,
    I have a bunch of Win10 clients on site. A bunch are 10240 and the rest are 1511 (10586). I am realizing that I cannot see the 1511 clients in sccm (all systems) despite the fact that the config manager client says it is connected to my site and site code with no problems. When I create a collection and query for 10240 machines they all come up fine but get nothing for 10586. Both versions have been deployed using the same TS and config mgr client. Any ideas?

Multi-Site SCCM Infra Design Question - DPs

slice16
    By slice16,
    Afternoon all!   Please can someone point me in the right direction with an SCCM design I am currently contemplating? We are currently running a project where we are automating the deployment and configuration of servers within our on-premise and Azure subscription. There will be significant automation workflows being called from a dedicated Orchestrator instance, that's primary job will be to deploy servers (physical/virtual) and hand over to SCCM for day to day management.   This would be

Surface Device Drivers

Leon1983
    By Leon1983,
    I was just wondering what everyone's standard practice was when importing the different updated versions of MSI's and Driver packages for all of the Surface Devices?   We are currently using Surface Pro 3, 4 and Books within the organisation and was wondering if I should import the separate versions them into SCCM as their own application (in the case of the MSI) or Driver package (self explanatory) with the version number specified for each?. Or should I be removing old versions once they hav

Device Collection - Not checked in for 30 days

bowlen
    By bowlen,
    Hi Guys,   I'm wanting to create a query based device collection which shows all computers that have not checked in for the last 30 days.   I can see a query that would show machines that haven't had a software scan in the last 30 days... select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SUP_SCAN_TOOL on SMS_G_System_SUP_SCAN_TOOL.R

Run Elevated Command Prompt during OSD

Kops
    By Kops,
    I would like to add a step to my task sequence to copy a couple of files from the SCCM distribution point to the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories folder. This should be a fairly easy task but this can only be done using an elevated (run as administrator) command prompt. The command looks something like...   copy "\\SCCM\Sources\Shortcuts\Internet Explorer.lnk" "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"   Is there an easy way to do thi

Updating Enviornment for Windows 10 Servicing queston

bcsdtech
    By bcsdtech,
    Hi All     Running SCCM 1602 Primary Site Server running most roles including SUP   Site System Server running Site Database Server     If i want to update my environment for windows 10 servicing...   Can I make another site system server with 2012 r2- install SUP role, uninstall SUP role from primary server and be OK? Any help appreciated. thanks.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    another week, another Insider Preview release, this time build 14390     The Microsoft Edge Team has a new extension to tell you about that many of you have been waiting for: Amazon Assistant: Amazon’s official browser extension is now available for Microsoft Edge! Amazon Assistant helps you make better decisions wherever you shop online by giving you access to Deal of the Day, Product Comparison, Wish List and Shortcuts to your favorite Amazon destinations. Check out all of the availabl

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.