• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Issues Customizing/Deploying Windows 10

Kops
    By Kops,
    Hey everyone,   We recently built a new SCCM 1602 site to replace our aging SCCM 2012 server and migrated all clients/resources. Everything went pretty smooth . We have now received a new batch of Lenovo X1 Yoga laptops and have decided to do a Windows 10 pilot/rollout along with this. A colleague is looking into the backend Windows 10 requirements (some new group policies and a few other things) and I am to prepare SCCM for Windows 10 deployments.   I approached this the same way I appro

Windows Insider preview 14383 is released

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has released yet another Windows Insider preview release, in the line up to the Anniversary Update which should be coming out soon...   This time it's Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14383     Improvements and fixes for PCThe link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions. We have changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C ba

SCCM Current Branch Questions

fad632
    By fad632,
    Hi All, I've used this forum many times in the past and found all the answers I've needed, but I have some questions regarding 1511 and 1602 of SCCM, which hopefully you can help with.   At present our organisation has around 3000 machines which have been built and maintained via SCCM 2012 R2 SP1. All machines are Windows 7, with a couple of Windows 10 machines that I have built for testing purposes.   I began this role of looking after SCCM without any training and so my knowledge is not a

Missing drivers after deploy TS, installed automatically without internet conn.

Siroj
    By Siroj,
    We have a Windows 10 task sequence that uses a Apply Driver Package step. Drivers get installed correctly, as it seems when reviewing smsts.log. The correct package is applied. After the TS is complete, some devices have no driver installed. Now the weird stuff comes to play... When we wait a few seconds/minutes these missing drivers get installed automatically. The machine has no internet connection so the drivers have to be available to the OS.   Why are these drivers installed after the T

Post Windows 10 deployment, default apps problem...

severina
    By severina,
    There was an update back in February that screwed up the default apps settings for everyone and so it's taken our Windows 10 deployments by storm.   So I know that we can deploy a registry fix to set it so that it doesn't reset your default apps, but it seems to only work when you go into control panel afterwards and set the default app manually.   Is there a way through SCCM that I can push a fix this for the machines that we have already deployed Windows 10 to? This is the worst bug and u

OSD Boot Media "Enter the DNS server address" error

wudevr
    By wudevr,
    I am attempting to deploy Windows 7 using CB. We don't use DHCP, so I'm using a boot CD created from the task sequence media in CB. I boot a PC with the media and fill in all the network fields including the DNS, but when I hit enter, I am receive the message "Enter the DNS server address" and I can't proceed. So I am unable to connect to the CB server to deploy the OS. Any ideas?

USMT Capture State Fails : "The operating system reported error 2147942436: Too many files opened for sharing."

jonrowe81
    By jonrowe81,
    I am trying to implement USMT into my task sequence, and it's failing on the capture state stage.   My server is running the most recent version of SCCM as well as ADK 10.1.10586.0   It will connect to the state migration point, it creates the 74795756929954750638DAED58C11F01F72E71B19054B42163676F06DB0B31A0 share and then pops up the following error message:   The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Capture User Files) in the group (Capture Files and Settings) wit

Client Push Multiple Domains

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   I'm trying to setup the client push in order to push the client in multiple domains (untrusted) I tried to add the property SMSMP with all the MPs separated with ";" and I also tried to add the parameter SMSLP and I did the same but it did not work at all. Does somebody have an idea ?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.