• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Updates and Servicing missing after recovery

jr_bva
    By jr_bva,
    Hi all.   After disk failure I succesfully recover site server from backup (I have only 1 server). All look OK, but I didnt see Updates and Servicing node and Windows 10 servicing node on SCCM console. Server report, that is version 5.0.8355.1000, software upgrades category is present. I try to site reset, reinstall server, but still same. Updates and Servicing and Windows 10 servicing nodes are not displayed. Before failure, all works correctly. Any idea how to solve this problem ? Is t

Windows 10 OSD - agent actions are limited?!

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Hi All   I have the ConfigMgr 1602. After OSD Windows 10 Enterprise, the agent shows the traditional settings but the TAB where all the actions are is kinda not complete.   I understand that after the Windows is installed, some apps are updated right afterwards the installation is completed, and the agent is also updated. I'll try to come up with some screenshots tomorrow but in the meantime if someone is experiencing had this issue, is there any recommendations?!   p.s. I'm found a scri

Windows 10 Offline OSD - Yoga Tablet - Not Joining Domain

jonrowe81
    By jonrowe81,
    Good morning, I have been working on getting an offline OSD task sequence working for some Lenovo Yoga 12 tablets we just purchased, and I do not want to go the route of doing them via ethernet dongle. I've got it to where it will go through the entire task sequence, but something weird is happening that I'm sure will be obvious to someone out there that can help. It goes through the entire task sequence, and when it gets to the end it has added the wireless profile and is connected, but the

How can I deal with languages in the Upgrade Task sequence using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction   At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of the

SMS_DATABASE_MONITOR Degrade Maintenance task

ZeZe
    By ZeZe,
    Dear all.. After a fresh installation of ConfigMgr 1602, the component "sms_database_monitor" is degraded due to several warning of maintenance tasks it didn't had time to execute. I opened the site maintenance config and several of these tasks are set to run on sunday's.... so.. I'm not sure why these alerts are now popping up since the installation just occurred this week... Anyone with similar issues? Reset won't work.   p.s. this has no impact on the service nor the component. The degrad

Links which give more information on the two sessions I gave at MMS

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    here are a bunch of links which cover many of the things i talked about in the last two days @ MMS: Introducing the Windows 10 UEFI BitLocker Frontend for System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) - https://www.niallbrady.com/2016/05/17/introducing-the-windows-10-uefi-bitlocker-frontend-for-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch/   A deeper look at the Upgrade task sequence in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) - https://www.niallbrady.com/2

Internet Based Client Management MP in DMZ

drewz99
    By drewz99,
    Hello All, I am wondering if anybody has a step-by-step for implementing the IBCM for CM? I've read a lot of different articles, but none of them seemed to have all the pieces? Basic idea is to obtain the ability to manage portable devices (laptops) while those devices are off of the domain. EX. teacher laptops that need to be managed via CM while on summer break. There is NO AD in the DMZ. I can open needed ports on the firewall for communication between Primary site server/MP and MP in DMZ.

How can I use PowerShell to populate Windows 10 CB, CBB, LTSB and Insider Preview collections in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    IntroductionIn a previous post I showed you how you could create a bunch of collections (for OSD and Software Update Management) that could be used for Windows 10 servicing. I’ve updated the script to add queries and exclude rules for the four Software Update Management collections. This will allow those collections to populate with the correct devices automatically. You can run this script even if you previously created the collections as it will not re-create them if found. The four coll

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.