• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

A deeper look at the Upgrade task sequence in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction   At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of the

Application Catalog will not allow non-admins to install applications

DigitalJay
    By DigitalJay,
    Greetings all. I have used this site for months with our SCCM roll out, and I love this page. I hate asking for help, as I like to solve problems myself, but I am completely stumped on this issue.   We have the following servers (all are running Server 2012 R2) : SCCMPS01 = Primary SCCM Current Branch server (upgraded from SCCM 2012 R2) SCCMDP01 = Distribution Point SCCMSC01 = WSUS & Application Catalog (both services)   I am trying to get the Application

MPCONTROL.LOG

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   Do you knbow why my log file MPCONTROL.LOG is not populated. My MP is working well but still cannot see this log file    

Windows Insider preview 14342 is released

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has made another dent in my crippled ADSL internet connection and released Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342     Here’s what’s new in Build 14342Updates for Extensions in Microsoft Edge:   Instead of extracting and loading extensions from a local folder, all available extensions can now be downloaded directly from the Windows Store. This change means that your currently installed extensions will be removed, and you’ll have to reinstall the ones you want from the Store. Then in f

Inject Software Updates into OS Image

Kops
    By Kops,
    I have been creating images using the following process, and it has worked fairly well for me in the past.   - Install Windows 7 x64 on PC - Install all updates, do some very basic configuration - Capture .WIM file - Upload to SCCM - Create Task Sequence (Install apps, and all software updates)   However, even though I completely updated Windows 7 x64 prior to capturing the WIM, during OSD I am still seeing 60-70 updates being installed as a part of the Task Sequence. Perhaps this is be

Software updates stored on DP or SUP ?

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   Do you know if software updates are stored in the content library and then distributed by the distribution points or if they are stored on the SUP (so clients need to download them from SUP) If there is an article dealing about this please do not hesitate to send the link.

Do the SCCM clients directly communicates with the SUP ?

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   I cannot find a correct article answering to the following question : Do the SCCM clients directly communicates with the SUP ?   I don't know if clients are communicating with the SUP or if the SUP is communicating with the MP and then client with the MP. Do you have an idea ?

Dell CCTK and SC Task Sequences

john.rickard
    By john.rickard,
    Hi   We are planning a Windows 10 deployment for the not to distant future and I am working on getting a new set of task sequences setup for this, incorporating some of the niggly things we've wanted to do for a long time but haven't had the time or patience.   One of those things is setting up the computers BIOS settings to our corporate setup. We are primarily all Dell computers, or varying ages, but the majority will run Dell CCTK commands, which is how we do the settings at the moment po

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.