• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

How do I download driver updates from Windows Update into SCCM?

ukskydiver
    By ukskydiver,
    Hi guys Hopefully you can point me in the right direction with this one... Please note this is not a question about Driver Packages that would normally be deployed as part of an OSD Task Sequence.   Scenario: We are using SCCM (1511) to deploy a Windows 10 OS upgrade to existing Windows 7 clients.   The upgrade all works ok and I can deploy the cumulative update from SCCM during the upgrade. I also appreciate I could patch the WIM with this cumulative update (when I upgrade to 1602), but t

Having trouble visualizing MDT and SCCM

Phred
    By Phred,
    Hello all -   I installed MDT 2013 u2 on my SCCM 1602 server hoping to add the ability to use some of the information that MDT gathers in my SCCM TS.   So I followed the steps to install MDT and created a new MDT TS to create all the files, but now I'm stuck trying to find information on how to move forward.   Do I need to shift all my SCCM TS to MDT TS? I like having the ability to select a task sequence to install.   For now I want to add the gather ability from MDT into my current SCC

Use Updates Publisher 2011 to Upgrade ConfigMgr Clients

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Anyone know if its still possible to upgrade the client using this method?   https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj553405.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_DeploySCUP

Now you can run linux on Windows 10, via the latest Windows Insider Preview release

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Gabe Aul announced that there's a new insider preview available on the fast ring, and here’s what’s new in Build 14316   Run native Bash on Ubuntu on Windows: In this build, you can natively run Bash in Windows as announced last week at Build 2016. To do this, you first need to turn on Developer Mode via Settings > Update & security > For developers. Then search for “Windows Features” and choose “Turn Windows features on or off” and enable Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta). To get B

SCCM Suddenly Wants Me To Approve PXE Booting?

FazzaGBR
    By FazzaGBR,
    I've been away from work on Annual Leave and I come back to my SCCM server not functioning properly!!!   Normally to image a computer we just PXE boot and then run the appropriate task sequence and bobs your uncle a while later we have a nice software build installed on a computer!   Now what happen is it wont PXE boot to the SCCM server, it just sits there waiting for something to be approved?? (photo attached).   I've never had to approve anything before - what's going on? Help!

Client auto upgrade fails

PH25
    By PH25,
    I recently upgraded from R2 to 1511 and set the hierachy settings to auto update clients. This worked on a couple of test machines but failed on two others. The scheduled task appears after a policy retreival but when it runs it fails with the errors below. Can anyone help? i'm new to SCCM and struggling with this one. It seems to be failing with pre reqs (.NET i think). Thanks.

Microsoft is adding the Linux command line to Windows 10

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft is reaching out to Linux developers in a way that the company never has before. "The Bash shell is coming to Windows. Yes, the real Bash is coming to Windows," said Microsoft's Kevin Gallo on stage at today's Build 2016 keynote. The announcement received an uproarious applause from the crowd. The new functionality will be enabled as part of this summer's Anniversary Update to Windows 10.       "This is not a VM. This is not cross-compiled tools. This is native," he said. "We've p

SCCM CB on Server 2008 R2

shawn.pederson
    By shawn.pederson,
    Anyone going with SCCM CB on Server 2008 R2?   We are currently running SCCM 2012 R2 CU2. I'm looking to deploy Windows 10 in our environment and our Server OS standard is 2008 R2. I realize that Win10 RTM and 1115 are still supported on 2012 (and I can deploy them fine) but my understanding is next Win10 CB won't.   My questions are: Should I initially go with SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 and Win10 2015 LTSB to remain supported? Do the in place upgrade on 2008 R2 and just deal with the WSUS 3.0 issu

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.