• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Failed to complete SCCM installation process

waps4life
    By waps4life,
    Hi guys,   I'm currently having a problem installing SCCM CB (1511) in my lab. I already did all the prerequisites steps successfully. When I run the SCCM installation it gives me an error right before the prerequsite check step. I did try the isntallation on a few server in my lab but always get the same error. In my lab I got a full copy of the actual production SCCM 2012 R2 and still get the same error message when I ran it on those servers.   I did run the prerequisite checker offline an

Win 10 deployed but Windows 7 TS is advertised in Software Centre

nazimb
    By nazimb,
    Hello,   As mentionned in the title, when I install a win 10 image ,a software center notification pops up to advise that there is a software ready to be installed ,when i opened it it was the the WIndows 7 TS. Is there a way to disable it ?   Thanks,

How can I use the Upgrade Task Sequence in System Center Configuration Manager (current branch) ?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Introduction At the start of this series of step by step guides you installed System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch), then you configured discovery methods. Next you configured boundaries to get an understanding of how automatic site assignment and content location works. After that you learned how to update ConfigMgr with new features and fixes using a new ability called Updates and Servicing and you learned how to configure ConfigMgr to use Updates and Servicing in one of these

Any guides for DHCP and TFTP for PXE deployment?

A55imilat0r
    By A55imilat0r,
    Wanting to Set up my first home lab and I'm looking for some good guides for setting up the DHCP sever on the DC and TFTP for pxe boot ?

DCM - Compliance baselines evaluation

syparon
    By syparon,
    Gents,   Is somebody can explain me how the re-evaluation is working for compliance baselines ? I put the schedule to 20 minutes in the deployment but the configuration baseline is just re-evaluated randomly ...   Best Regards

Offline Servicing Windows 8.1

jvmorrell
    By jvmorrell,
    Hi   I'm trying to offline service a Windows 8.1 image which I've built. I've built the wim from the Latest Windows 8.1 ISO from Ms VLS.   All I've done to it is enabled .net 3.5 and built the Reference Image through SCCM   when I've come to offline service it there are no patches enabled for me to do this. As shown below.   this is not something I've seen before, My previous reference image worked fine, Also when I run an OSD using this WIM the updates all download as normal through th

SCCM 1511 issue

keywan
    By keywan,
    Hi guys,   I have upgraded my sccm 2012 R2 SP1 to sccm 1511 and it seems it works. I checked the version is now 5.00.8235.1000 on the server. Now I try to upgrade my client too and I did do the following steps: Going to Administration / Site Configuration / Sites Click on the Hierarchy Settings button on the top ribbon On the Client Upgrade tab Check the Upgrade client automatically when new client updates are available It seems that the client upgrade does not work. What can I do? Only

SCCM 1511 will not update

brossiter85
    By brossiter85,
    Hi,   Recently the Server hosting SCCM 1511 became corrupted which required a rebuild of the server and restoration of the SCCM site via backup. There have been no issues since the restore except for SCCM being unable to install the KB3122637 hotfix via Updates and Servicing. The patch is stuck at the "Installing" stage and has been for some time. A restart was performed with no effect.   In the CMUpdate log I am seeing the below errors which indicates a permissions issue for NT AUTHORITY\SY

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.