• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Update Deployments

jfarmer
    By jfarmer,
    Hi All,   We've started getting some weird issues with regards to update deployment that have only started in the past week.   1) I have a Windows 10 ADR (that I pretty much copied from our working Windows 7 ADR) that is now coming up with 0X87D20417 Auto Deployment Rule Failed and I cannot for the life of me work out why. 2) Today I have noticed that virus definitions are 5 days out old and now my PC is saying "Connection Failed" when I look at the AV client on my machine.   Any ideas?

System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview 1604 is now available !

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    IntroductionMicrosoft is regular as clockwork, pushing out updates to System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview (and the Current Branch releases also) and at a very fast pace. About a month has passed since 1603 was released for Technical Preview 4. Today they released 1604 for TP4. There are two main branches of Configuration Manager releases right now, one is Current Branch (for use in Production) and the other is Technical Preview 4 (for use in your lab to review new upcoming fe

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Today Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is just one build newer than the Mobile build released on Wednesday so there isn’t a lot new for Mobile. For PC though this is a MAJOR build, packed with lots of new features and improvements including Windows Ink, updated Start, and more! With the amount of code change in this build there are going to be some rough edges, some of which are called out in the

Microsoft has missed analysts' quarterly profit estimates

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Slump in PC sales   A continued slump in personal computer sales hurt the company's core Windows business. The firm's net income fell to $3.76bn (£2.6bn) in the third quarter from $4.99bn a year earlier. Its shares were down more than 4% in after hours trading.   Cloud revenues rising   Revenue in its cloud business, which includes Azure, rose 3.3% to $6.1bn, but operating profits at the division shrank 14%. "We would have liked to have seen 7% to 9% growth," said Dan Morgan, a portfolio m

Deploy Software Center Desktop Shortcut via GPO

Spinner
    By Spinner,
    Hi All,   I'm currently running SCCM 1602 with the new software centre enabled.   I'm having a bit of trouble trying to simply deploy a shortcut to all users desktop that points to the new software center to help promote it as our "App Store"   I've managed to copy the shortcut and change the icon to our logo but not having any luck with the deployment of the shortcut.   I've tried via GPO but its not working just wondering if others have done anything similar with success or can recomme

Collection Variable Question

Phred
    By Phred,
    Hello all -   I would like to start using Collection Variables but have a question about how SCCM knows which collection to use.   I have a school site that the tech wants a different homepage for the three browsers for the library computers.   Normally I would advertise the TS to the a collection that has all of the schools computers so the tech can always image the computers. If I create a collection for the library computers and create a collection variable for the library collection do

Email notification - Reports

regan
    By regan,
    I'm trying to configure reports so they can be sent to an email address , however my stumbling block is using office 365 (i think), Under "specify account" you need a network account but to authenticate against 365 i need an email address so i cant get the two to work together.   Has anyone successfully done this?    

Imported Device collection using User collection as limit

cstark
    By cstark,
    Our previous SCCM instance decided that nothing can remain on the primary DP, so since it was still in it's infancy, I exported anything that I could (applications, TS, collections...) and started the migration process.   I now started the import process and apparently the exported collections reference other collection by ID and apparently the imported collections did not get the same ID, so now, I have device collections that are using user collections as the limiting collection (slight flaw

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.