• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Configuration Manager 1602 Hotfix KB3155482 Issue

surfincow
    By surfincow,
    Hello,   Went to install this hotfix earlier today and during the first try I received the following error from the Üpdate Pack Installation Status" window (the window under Monitoring > Site Servicing Status > $Update. it was a separate pop-up message)   Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException: The SMS Provider reported an error connecting to the ConfigMgr site database server. Verify that the SQL Server is online and that ConfigMgr site s

Workstation Task Sequence - System Center Configuration manager 1602

Stnrsn0
    By Stnrsn0,
    Hi   I want to install several computers that is in a Workgroup task sequence. The computers will not be managed by Config Mgr. after OS is deployed. I want to deploy the OS from PXE boot.   My questions: 1. Can this be done?   If this can be done 1. Do I need a "thick OS image" (with all applications installed) or is it possible to add Applications in a Task Sequence? 2. Do I remove the SCCM PC agent in the Task Sequence or do I manually remove it after the OS is deployed? 3. Is it

Deployment Monitoring Broken after upgrade

whoishomer1
    By whoishomer1,
    So I was running a single SCCM 2012R2 server on Windows 2008 R2.   I updated from 2012R2 to Current Branch 1511, then 1602. After going to 1602 I updated the OS to Windows 2012R2 (first removing WSUS & SUP, then readding along with the hotfix) All seems good. I was able to download June's updates and deploy them to my windows 7 machines. I get the popup on my clients indication that software changes are required and all the June updates show up. I've installed them on about 5 or six c

Unable to Install Task Sequences via Software Center

crmatthews
    By crmatthews,
    Hi,   So i have recently upgrade to 1511, i believe since then I'm unable to install Task Sequences via Software Center.   When i select a TS, for example the TS used to build the machine Software Center displays Downloading then Installing for about 2 minutes, then installed.   During this process there are no smsts logs created, but the TSAgent log does display this error message at the end.   So far i have created all new TS's, redistributed the Boot image and OS image, checked all

Packages not distributing(OS Boot did)

Robbie Wallis
    By Robbie Wallis,
    Application Packages appear to have stop distributing to our child site. I know I redistributed OS Boot Images and they went across fine   There are 6 application packages that appear to be stuck. I am trying to debug and have found this. They are reaching despooler then it seems to hit retry time and sends them again? and again? A couple of the packages are just a registry entry so tiny show as 0MB    

How can I add dployments types OS requirement to all applications ?

SebastienSocomec
    By SebastienSocomec,
    Hi Everyone,   I just install the new SCCM 1602 and begin to migrate my applications from SCCM 2012.   We use the OS requirements to only install software on Windows 7, and now we need to add the ability to install applications for Windows 10.   Did you have a script to add the Windows 10 OS requirement on every deployment types in my applications ?   I'm not very confortable with powershell, it's why I'm asking you .   Thank's Seb

Can't PXE boot a client after upgrade to 1511 and ADK 10

couillardk
    By couillardk,
    After upgrading to 1511 and ADK win10 and running the patch kb314370, F12 a client and get "No boot file name available". Cannot get F8 to open a cmd prompt for support logs either, yes it is enabled. Both the new (x86 and x64 from ADK) boot images are distributed and have WinPE 10 drivers. PXE is enable and advertised by the DT. SMSPXE.log on the server is not even being populated. Previous to this upgrade, we could PXE boot, now we can't.   Thank you for any help! KACouilla

Unhandled exception during task sequence deployment

benutne
    By benutne,
    We've got a user who is trying to deploy an OSD task sequence and is running into trouble. The task sequence is as basic as it gets, entirely created by the wizard. I've only entered information that was required. I've been able to reproduce this reliably. Steps are as follows:   Right click TS and select deploy. Press Browse to select a collection. Get unhandled exception. OR Right click device collection->Deploy->Task Sequence Browse to task sequence (same one as above) Set

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.