• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Some Updates not downloading SCCM 1606

commissar117
    By commissar117,
    I keep on getting errors when I attempt to download some of the windows updates while others work just fine any ideas? HttpSendRequest failed 12002 Download http://wsus.ds.download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/crup/2016/08/windows10.0-kb3176929-x64_142e76e8af8468c85147b0d17f0a7e86e98c8b0d.cab ERROR: DownloadContentFiles() failed with hr=0x80072ee2  

set AD computer description during deployment

johnli
    By johnli,
    Hi!   I'm using a VBS script during OS deployment to set the AD computer description. But results are unpredictable at best (if you use numbers or gaps) Does someone has a suggestion for a good working solution ?   script that I was testing :   cscript.exe adcompdesc.vbs “%ComputerDescription%” dim Computerdn, strComputerName dim Args Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '----Get Computer DN------ Set objADSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo") ComputerDN = objADSysI

Cannot choose Install Update Pack etc,

pmeulman
    By pmeulman,
    Hello,   I did a rebuild and installation of SCCM 2012 r2. I restored the sccm backup succesfully on the CAS server with build 1511. I did then an upgrade with the updates and services but after that the install update pack, run prerequest, etc remain grey and are unavailable. The latest build 1606 is downloaded in the folder D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\EasySetupPayload\0d256560-ed2c-45b5-8d75-4d38ab3f758c. Somehow the restore and update did something to the update mechani

Currnet Branch; To BITS or not to BITS

DB3
    By DB3,
    I have a single primary 1606 site, I went to configure the Site System Prerequisites on a new DP I was rolling out on Windows Server 2012 R2, I reviewed the following TechNet article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt752493.aspx, which was last updated 2016/07/22 there is a note that clearly states " The distribution point site system role does not require Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS). When BITS is configured on the distribution point computer, BITS on the distribu

Windows 1607, SCCM 1606 and Endpoint Protection Definition Status

Anthony Mel
    By Anthony Mel,
    So I have a few test machines with Windows 1607 running. In Windows Defender I noticed that the definitons are up to date, however in SCCM under the Active client protection with Endpoint Protection report, it's shows an old definition version. Most of the time it's from when I last rebooted the machine. All my other Windows 10 1511 clients report up to date information hourly. Anyone else seeing this?

Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) is now available on the Microsoft Volume License Service Center !

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    We’ve all been waiting for Windows 10 1607 (anniversary edition) and now you don’t have to wait any longer, it’s available for download on Microsoft’s volume license service center.     and below you can see the filename of the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1607 SW_DVD5_WIN_ENT_10_1607_64BIT_English_MLF_X21-07102.ISO   What about MSDN ?I’ve checked MSDN and I don’t see this release listed there yet, but maybe it’ll be there tomorrow, the latest version of Windows 10

Windows Insider Program.next()

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Today it has been exactly 1 year since Microsoft launched Windows 10. Microsoft released the first major update for Windows 10 in November. And on Tuesday – they will begin to roll out the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to over 350 million devices. They’ve had 3 major releases in 1 year which is pretty incredible. Microsoft have been amazed by how passionate Windows Insiders and fans have been. They’ve been so instrumental in helping us make a better Windows 10 and delivering what people

Windows 10 deployment incorrect computer name

Jono
    By Jono,
    Hello all,   We’ve recently implemented SCCM (Current Branch) within our organisation. I’ve previously used SCCM 2003, but obviously some things have changed significantly!   We’re having a similar issue to this post: https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/12803-windows-10-enterprise-computer-name-problems-sccm-2012-r2-sp1/   When we deploy our Windows 10 image (1511 Education), we prompt for a computer name (stored in the OSDComputerName variable), however when the OSD TS completes, th

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.