• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Permissions problem after upgrading site server OS

gordonf
    By gordonf,
    Microsoft explains that an in-place OS upgrade from Server 2012 to Server 2012 R2 is supported (let's make that clear before someone pulls out the backup / reinstall / site recover copypasta, ok?) for a site server running Config Manager 2012 R2 SP1. So, I did just that, and after wrangling with some problems with WSUS, the site server is working as intended. Yes, even WSUS is working properly; I had to fix some site binding problems and edit the web.config to support Windows 10 clients, but tha

Software Updates and reboots

Kevin79
    By Kevin79,
    I have a maintenance window setup for every day between 1AM and 6AM that applies only to Software updates. I have my deployment setup with an Installation deadline of 3AM. I also have Software updates installation checked under Deadline behavior and Servers checked under Device restart behavior. If computers aren't turned on at night or if installation goes past the maintenance window, is the computer supposed to reboot automatically during the next maintenance window?

1606 Update Issue

jcrossy24
    By jcrossy24,
    Hi, Console version: 5.0.8355.1306 Site version: 5.00.8355.1000 Having a few issues trying to get 'Configuration Manager 1606' installed using the 'Updates and Servicing' section is SCCM. The 1606 update is in a state of 'Prerequisite check failed'. I have seen a couple of other articles stating this is normally due to HDD space. I have checked this and there is over 20GB free on the drive. Looking at the logs, it has failed on [Failed]:Verifies that the Microsoft Remote Differential Com

The Create Subscription Wizard Completed with Errors

KMiller
    By KMiller,
    Hello, I just recently stood up a new Server to host our SCCM environment. I am running Current Branch, version 1606. Previously on our other SCCM 2012 install, we had a few report subscriptions setup on a daily schedule. One of them is the report named: Software 02D - Computers with specific software installed. When I try to configure the email subscription for this report, I receive the following error message:   Email Delivery Settings • To: myemailaddress@company.com • Subject:

SCCM 2012 DP Issue

opsoftware
    By opsoftware,
    Hi,   Setup: Single Server Setup with Management, Distribution & Component roles installed. DP is also PXE enabled.   I am having an issue I have never come across before where when trying to distribute content to the DP (only one) i get the following:   [see attached image]   This has started happening in the past couple of weeks, things I have checked: DP Permissions Errors in logs (none) Site Status: All Green Component Status: All Green Has anyone come across this at all??

Is Computer Policy downloaded automatically when device changes collection?

Maestro
    By Maestro,
    Hello everyone!   I cannot find an answer to technical question. When I add or move device to some collection, does it makes the SCCM client to run Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle? Or the time interval is strictly configured in Client settings?   In other words, if I want to immediately apply collection's deployments to a new computer do I have to run for it "Download computer Policy" from SCCM console?

First Windows 10 Redstone 2 preview release appears for Insiders as build 14901

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    It appears the Windows team is ready or at least gearing up to release a new build to Insiders that follows the path of Redstone 2 development. A friend of the Windows Insider community Zac Bowden twitted an early screen grab of a new build title Windows 10 Insider Preview 14901 that is accompanying a Windows Defender update release.     via winbeta @ http://www.winbeta.org/news/first-windows-10-redstone-2-preview-release-appears-insiders-build-14901

Upgrade Without Prerequisite Checks

jorlando
    By jorlando,
    I have a small air-gap network that we do not do operating system deployments on. When I run the 1511 upgrade (Base build needed before 1607) it fails to find MDT and ADK. This of course is expected. I try to not install things I don't need, so I would like to skip the check and install 1511 anyway.   If my memory is correct, in the past I could skip the checker or proceed despite failures. Anyone have any ideas outside of just installing MDT and ADK?   Thanks!

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.